BEST headlight option

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

BEST headlight option

Postby skinny2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 am

First off...cheap is not my goal here. I will pay for quality, reliability, performance. The OEM headlamps SUCK on this thing. I'm looking at the various Xenon/Projector options out there and I see a lot of cheap options and quotes like "oh well, it's cheap to replace". I want the best...something that isn't going to stop working 20 miles out in the middle of no-where without cell coverage on a snowy night. Which is basically where I drive every day.

So price no object...what do the experts in lighting around here recommend? I've seen a Notto SE conversion kit option that looks good but it sounds like these need a projector kit as well to really get the full lighting? I drove my wife's minivan yesterday and her stock headlamps absolutely embarrass the PF! Her low-beams are significantly better than my high-beams!

I'm not trying to look cool here...just best performance. Something in the 5,000k super white is best option for output correct?

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:38 am

you want reliable? go buy a pair of nighthawks or silverstars.
for me, I had HID's in my old car for 5 years and the only problem was a corroded connection due to my poor wrapping of said connection.

I bought a set of Anzo projectors, they're in the mail and will outfit the lowbeam with HID's and the high beam with silverstars or a set of cheap 6000K bulb. not too worried about high beams cause I won't use them much and the DRL at half volt I've found on my old car to severely kill the lifetime of the bulb.

HID's are unmatched for light. PF's do have a decent cut off in the stock lens so it shouldn't be too bad for others. My old grand am had none and I still ran HID's with no trouble from cops or whoever. I did point them lower than normal though.
Best thing about HID's is the light reflected off reflective tape really well at night. I'd see the tape on cop cars before they fully came into the beam of the headlights.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:42 am

yeah me too. would love to be able to see clearly.

i drive an altima and a Qashqai, and the light they throw is incredible compared to the PF, specially the qashqai

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Rogue9 wrote:I bought a set of Anzo projectors, they're in the mail and will outfit the lowbeam with HID's and the high beam with silverstars or a set of cheap 6000K bulb. not too worried about high beams cause I won't use them much and the DRL at half volt I've found on my old car to severely kill the lifetime of the bulb.
you mean these headlights from Anzo?!

I LOVE THESE HEADLIGHTS...they break so much necks when i drive by day or night, more so on night especially when I had installed the 15000k HID's

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:21 pm

ArmyPathfinder wrote:
Rogue9 wrote:I bought a set of Anzo projectors, they're in the mail and will outfit the lowbeam with HID's and the high beam with silverstars or a set of cheap 6000K bulb. not too worried about high beams cause I won't use them much and the DRL at half volt I've found on my old car to severely kill the lifetime of the bulb.
you mean these headlights from Anzo?!

I LOVE THESE HEADLIGHTS...they break so much necks when i drive by day or night, more so on night especially when I had installed the 15000k HID's
diggin the blacked out look

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07 am

yeah those ones.
Got the same as yours.
what bulb is the headlight? and whats the high beam?

aside from the LED's and halo, do the high/lows need to be rewired or plug and play?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 am

Armypathfinder: I noticed in a previous post you bought the HID's from carid.com did you also get the Anzo's from them? I was looking at their projectors and they look similar but do not list them as Anzo's. Did you b uy the Notto HID kit? Any problems with it?

Also interested in which bulbs you're running and how they compare to stock.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 pm

I decided to start with projectors and ordered the a set from Carid.com I think they're the same as Armypathfinders but the chrome model. I've read some concerns with the HID white light causing problems during snow which I drive in quite a bit. I was wishing last year I could shut-down the headlights and just run fogs so I may work on that mod as well.

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I know a lot of people swear by HIDs in their stock housings. Truth of the matter is you will get glare and you will piss some people off. It does matter where you drive though. I know here in Cali, you'd get flashed.

Anyhow I know you said money was not an object. That you wanted quality over looks. Sounds to me you would be a good candidate for a retrofit. Do some homework to figure out which bi-xeonon projectors to get, what style shrouds you'd want, then what system ballast and hid you'd want to go with.

Check out hidplanet for more info and DIY tips for this.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 am

Hey Can one of you other guys with Anzo projectors verify this for me,
I ordered the 111111 headlights (black housing) and they definitely do NOT fit.
Granted I have a 2010 but the catalogue says it fits 05-09 which I know is wrong first of all, but I went to a dealer and asked the parts counter to check the part numbers between 08-2010 and they are the same.

The whole headlight seems a bit shrunk. the holes are in the right place, to scale if the headlight was bigger in all directions by a bit.

What projectors and year if truck do you guys have???

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:13 am

I just returned mine to Anzo. There's another thread here addressing the size problems. The headlights changed in 2008 and there doesn't appear to be any aftermarket projector options for 2008+.

Nissan does weird stuff with their part numbers and your parts guy isn't looking hard enough. The first part of the account number is the same but the extra numbers show different headlamps. Check out this:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_ ... rds=[26060]+\(R51&cPath=6833_6834_6869_6876

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”