"Audi" Lights

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Kami

"Audi" Lights

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi everyone been ages since i last posted :) So got bored and a little jelous seeing all these damn audi's take over the roads (seriously there everywhere in Toronto area) :( lol

So though i jack a bit of their look :twisted:

Did this in about 30mins. with about less than $10 for everything.
-2 white LED strips (ebay)
-3M double sided tape
-Red/Black wire
-Amber rocker switch
-3M electrical tape

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Switch installed below dash.

Looks way better @ night, will post on up tonight.

**Sorry for the jumbo size pics :( was to much work to down scale em. :shock:

bkmtnff

Postby bkmtnff » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I think it looks pretty good.

Cooper993

Postby Cooper993 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:15 pm

I own an Audi with those lights. Sorry, I don't like them on the PF

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Looks good, you must be bored.?

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 pm

how splash proof is that?

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 am

Hmmm, not my cup of tea if you ask me. Those strips look like they are not waterproof which would concern me. Also the location is questionable too. This was something I've been thinking about adding to my truck, but I abandoned the idea after deciding that it just would not look right on our brawny trucks.

On the other hand, nice work on a custom mod.

Kami

Postby Kami » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Yea their waterproof, I have about 4 inside the front grill all summer and been through some pretty messed up rain and they running great :)

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:44 am

night time pics?

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm

WheatBread wrote:night time pics?
Here they are

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Hmmm, after seeing them again at night I can conclude that I really don't like em. Here are my gripes with them;

1. The location - Too high and clearly appears to be non-oem. Then again non of our Pathys have leds so I guess one could argue anywhere is a bad location.

2. The color temp - Looks like you went with a high color temp, something around 6-7k. Too blue if you ask me. I would prefer something more in the 5-6k range myself.

3. The diode spacing - I know the leds are on a pre-fabbed strip, but the spacing is too close imo.

I know I'm nit picking here but that is my .02 on the subject. My suggestion to you is maybe clearing out your amber blinker so that the overall look flows a little better, more uniform in design if you will. Also maybe playing around with different locations. Perhaps have them vertical in the grill or something.

Kami

Postby Kami » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:20 am

ocdjg wrote:Hmmm, after seeing them again at night I can conclude that I really don't like em. Here are my gripes with them;

1. The location - Too high and clearly appears to be non-oem. Then again non of our Pathys have leds so I guess one could argue anywhere is a bad location.

2. The color temp - Looks like you went with a high color temp, something around 6-7k. Too blue if you ask me. I would prefer something more in the 5-6k range myself.

3. The diode spacing - I know the leds are on a pre-fabbed strip, but the spacing is too close imo.

I know I'm nit picking here but that is my .02 on the subject. My suggestion to you is maybe clearing out your amber blinker so that the overall look flows a little better, more uniform in design if you will. Also maybe playing around with different locations. Perhaps have them vertical in the grill or something.
Ill be honest the pics dont really do it justice but i agree with the lights not being spaced out far enough. yea its a 6k led casue all my interior and underbody leds are 6k, along with my HID kit for headlight and fog.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”