Rear suspension parts help!!!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Suliman

Rear suspension parts help!!!

Postby Suliman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Wow, what a event this has been...

So I finally got my rear lift coils/bilstiens and front bilstiens in... (need to re-measure after a few weeks...)

Brought it in for an alignment... bolts all rusted up... of course the yahoo's here can't wipe their rear ends without instructions.... bah, I digress....

So I'm looking for parts for the rear suspension system, which I found some, but not all here: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _6920.html

I already have a cam bolt kit from PRG, so it helps some... but still stuck... because I think I need these for the other part bolt on the rear that's fixed and not cam'd.

I need (all for the rear, both left and right sides):

Lower Coil Bucket Mount (551B0M):
- Cam Bolt (can use the PRG one??)
- Inner bushing for the coil bucket mount (not shown in the above link)

Lower Link (551A0)
- Cam bolt (towards rear of vehicle)
- Bushing for it
- Normal bolt (toward front, or is this where I need to use the PRG one??)
- Bushing for that

Urethane would be nice in these, but I'll settle for OEM or aftermarket stuff really. I'll just need to order it soon, because I'll have to rent a car in this hell hole until these schleps can actually finish something as simple as an alignment, and it takes a week or two for packages to get here.

Pics coming soon.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Here's the left (drivers) side rear:

Number 1 Area

Number 2 & 3 Area
Image[/img]

Tech

Postby Tech » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Did you try the Titan cam/adjuster bolts? Your dealer should have them in stock.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:19 am

You must live in a State where salt is on roads in winter,etc.. looks like a nasty job to get the bolts out, , :arrow: when the new stuff is being installed I would use a water proof type grease and coat the new bolts as they are slid in place,this will help keep moisture out.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Yeah, I wish I could just walk down to the dealer... not in the US right now and the Nissan dealer here refused to look at, work on, or talk to people with a US Spec vehicle... aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

So, I may need to order the parts and have them shipped in. Sucks big time.

I just may need to send these pics in to someone in the US and have them start working a parts list with a local US Nissan dealer.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 am

Suliman wrote:Yeah, I wish I could just walk down to the dealer... not in the US right now and the Nissan dealer here refused to look at, work on, or talk to people with a US Spec vehicle... aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

So, I may need to order the parts and have them shipped in. Sucks big time.

I just may need to send these pics in to someone in the US and have them start working a parts list with a local US Nissan dealer.
Where you at? Is there another dealer you can go to?

The dealers here in winnipeg don't care if its from the US. At least that's my experience.

t

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:27 am

Posted down in Panama right now.

There's no concept of cust service. I asked the guys to see if they can get them made locally here out of teflon/urethane. it seems the local dealer only can get the lower assembly, at $1000!!!! HAHAH!!! it's like a $100 part for that whole lower coil mount a-arm.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 am

Well, if worse comes to worse, I'm out my truck for a few weeks while I wait for parts to come in...

What about these:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/polyure ... 7_349.html

Would they work in those spots?

EDIT:
Confirmed by AC, nope, those are front only.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm

Call 4x4 parts and talk to them send them your pics. They may help you out. Good luck.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 pm

4x4parts doesn't have em for the rears...

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Well, the problems have been ongoing since 11/19...

I went to take a look last week... they even had the hub assy off and at the other shop.... no idea why.....

So I get a call. The one shop trying to align it (and screwed all this up to begin with) is pissed at another shop that makes custom bushings. They sent all the parts over for an estimate. They dropped the parts off today... all 12 new bushings in all. Hahahaha!

The problems continue....

I have already had someone order the parts from the dealer in the US... about $680... so I may need to have them beg and plead to return the parts back to the dealer....

The saga continues... I need to write a book about this debacle! Hahaha!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”