**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:32 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmqchdgN7k

heres my 2006 with 48k on it getting sea foam

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 pm

webmastir wrote:so i'm wanting to do this to my wifes path. i've done this to my acura via several ways (crankcase, vacuum port, & gas tank). it definitely helped. i know the proper procedure on doing this, but i do have one question.

i see people are still using the power brake booster line to induce the seafoam. on my car, an acura tl, it was found that the brake booster line didn't reach all the valves. does anyone know for sure if that's the proper line to use on our Paths? i realize it may be different per vehicle, which is why i ask.
thanks..
i did it straight through the intake, after the throttle body popped off the vacuum line and it sucked it in. no miss fire idle gets rough but it dumped more fuel to keep from stalling.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:56 pm

I just bought a bottle of SeaFoam yesterday. I will try it next weekend. I've had friends of mine use it on their cars and they've noticed a significant difference. SeaFoam has been around for over 50 years so they must have been doing something right.

I'll post my results.

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:25 am

which method are you going to try?

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 pm

I think I'm going to do half vaccuum and half gas tank.

Here are the directions straight from the seafoam website.

Cleaning Varnish and Carbon Deposits - Fuel Injected Engines
To clean carbon and varnish deposits from the tops of cylinders and the backs of intake valves, add 1 oz. Sea Foam to each gallon of fuel. Sea Foam will slowly re-liquefy the varnish and gum deposits that hold carbon together.

To remove carbon and varnish deposits more quickly, Sea Foam can be induced directly into the combustion chamber via the following method. With the engine warmed up and running, SLOWLY POUR 1/3 to ½ can of Sea Foam down the carburetor throat or into any main manifold vacuum line that DISTRIBUTES EVENLY TO ALL CYLINDERS. Note that some newer induction systems, like those found on Vortec and Subaru “H” style engines, do not have any vacuum line that distribute evenly. Consequently, this process should only be attempted by technicians with a comprehensive understanding of the engine’s induction system.

Once the product has been applied, turn off the engine and allow the Sea Foam to heat soak for a minimum of 10 minutes. At this time, Sea Foam will dissolve the varnish deposits that hold carbon together. After allowing the Sea Foam to soak, restart the engine in a WELL VENTILATED AREA as exhaust will be extreme for a short time. Drive aggressively for 2 to 5 miles to allow all the atomized carbon to be safely expelled from the system.

Performing a Sea Foam Engine Treatment on a Fuel Injected Engine

Begin by parking the vehicle in a well ventilated area. Locate a vacuum line that you are certain DISTRIBUTES EVENLY TO ALL CYLINDERS. On many vehicles the easiest option is taking the vacuum line from your brake booster PCV. (See notes about special situations such as the Vortex or Subaru H style engines.) If you are not certain, contact a certified technician.

Start the engine. For automatic transmissions, keep the car in PARK. For manual transmissions, put the car in neutral and apply the parking brake. SLOWLY POUR 1/3 to ½ can of Sea Foam Motor Treatment into the vacuum hose, while at the same time revving the engine to about 2000 RPMs. You will begin to see clouds of white exhaust from the tailpipes. When you have finished pouring, turn off the engine and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.

Now start the vehicle again. Drive it aggressively (but legally) for about 2 to 5 miles or until the white smoke is no longer being produced.

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:18 pm

yep that's correct. a key feature to this seafoaming is making sure your engine is warmed up before inducing any seafoam via vac line. also only waiting around ~15min once applied ...not much longer. then got a spirited drive Image

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:00 am

xd9-g19 wrote:the last time i used it, i just poured it in the tank. Runs like a champ
exactly, I put it in my gas tank too. The truck runs awesome! I think I need to get some! :D

Bandy1080

Postby Bandy1080 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 am

Thinking about doing seafoam this weekend.

Took a quick look under the hood and had a tough time finding the vacuum line. Can anyone take a picture and point it out so I don't screw this up? Thanks.

2008 Pathfinder LE

thehumphries

Postby thehumphries » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, i could use a pic too. I am clueless when it comes to cars. If anyone could, i would greatly appreciate it. I have my can ready to roll.

thanks in advance.

4timenissanowner

Postby 4timenissanowner » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 am

Is this the correct vacuum line to add the seafoam???

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm

no, not the way i do it anyway. if you're doing it via vac port, it's usually located on the side(sometimes bottom area) of the throttle body.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm

4timenissanowner wrote:Is this the correct vacuum line to add the seafoam???

Thats the one I used today. Worked fine.

4timenissanowner

Postby 4timenissanowner » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:53 am

Have you noticed a difference in your Pathfinder?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 am

4timenissanowner wrote:Have you noticed a difference in your Pathfinder?
Haven't driven much yet. Would say that it seems more stable at idle now. It spewed out lots of crud.

Got a P0300 code when I pulled out to clean 'er out. Random misfire. Cleared the code, it hasn't come back.

Also, pulled one of my plugs why waiting for the Seafoam to soak. At just over 100k, my plugs are SHOT. Ceramic insulator is burnt, electrodes are definitely worn. Looks like 5 out of 6 plugs would be easy, with the 1 on the front passenger being hard, but not impossible. Will be doing these today hopefully.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”