Tuning up

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Tuning up

Postby disallow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 pm

So I've mentioned in other posts that I've Seafoamed my path, and tonight I plan to do the spark plugs as well.

I also changed my oil yesterday. Collected a sample I want to send out for analysis.

I used a liter of the Synthetic Lucas Oil Stabilizer treatment when refilling with 5w30 Mobil 1. They claim it will keep more consistent oil pressure and clean out the engine, as well as add lubricity to increase fuel economy.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/displa ... 7&loc=show

I know, I know... most on here will do the automatic 'SNAKE OIL!' comment. However, I would have to say that I've had some positive experiences with their products. For instance, my 1993 Altima I bought from my brother was leaking through the valves quite severely. Used some of the Lucas Oil Fuel and Upper Cylinder treatment, and cleared up the dirty valves within a week, no more leaks.

Anyways, the oil stabilizer also seems to be living up to its claims... at least in the oil pressure department. Oil pressure is much more stable (as much as I can tell with the dummy gauge in the pathy). Prior to use, my oil pressure would drop to almost minimum when at idle. Now it hovers just below the normal operating spot on the gauge.

Anyone else have any experience with this or other products from these guys?

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”