No love at the dealer re: recalls

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

No love at the dealer re: recalls

Postby disallow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 am

My 05 has about 100k miles on it now, I was at the dealer to get some crush washers and gaskets for my diffs, and an oil filter. Thought I'd drop by the service desk and give them my VIN to see if there is any recall action on my truck.

Only thing that came up was the crash sensor, which would only get fixed if my airbag light comes on.

Other than that, nothing! No IPDM, no Radiator extension, nothing!

I was a little surprised. But I guess the truck is getting older and it may not make it into recall population based on mileage/age.

:(

t

05Pathfinder

Postby 05Pathfinder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 am

It usually takes longer for the notices to get up to us here. I had the same experiance with my other car when TSBs started rolling out.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:48 pm

it does not matter how old or how many miles are on the vehicle. recalls are safety issues so the dealer has to fix them.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Note that there is a difference between recalls and items that Nissan has chosen to extend the warranty on.
Things like the radiator, and the fuel sensor have been extended for warranty to include more year models and higher mileage BUT they are not recalls.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I've been getting recall/warranty extension notices for the last three weeks. I got the airbag sensor one, the fuel sender one, and just recently the radiator one. I'm sure that I'll get the IPDM one soon.

When I asked my dealer about any possible upcoming recalls they told me that they had no info on it. One quick phone call to Nissan Canada gave me some info on upcoming recalls.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”