IPDM recall complete. Relay replaced.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

trance34

IPDM recall complete. Relay replaced.

Postby trance34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

About 2 weeks ago my wife called me from work saying the truck won't start. I show up and look at a few things and when I go to start it she fires right up.

Yesterday my wife is driving home on the tollway and in a 45 min drive the truck shut off on her 5 times. Now I have a tad bit of history on the truck since we had some squirrels go bananas in the engine bay and eat 2 maf wires, and 6 or 7 wires on the main harness area where it comes out of the cabin and in to the engine bay. I spliced and re soldered all the wires and we have had no issues since spring.

So I take a peak and one of the maf wires is showing bare metal. Ok fix her up and go for a drive. Dies on me. So I pull it back in and start checking more wires and the ECM shut off wire from the maf broke it's splice. Sweet I found the issue, so I replace it go for a drive. Boom dies twice on me.

So I look around here and find the IPDM/ECM relay recall. I call Nissan and they say bring it in. An hour later it's replaced. I have only driven about 15 miles so far so I can't say it's fixed or not, but lets hope it is. Between this and the rear coolant lines failing I am about ready to trade her in for something else that has a warranty on it.
Last edited by trance34 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bdsams

Postby bdsams » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear of your troubles but the line " since we had some squirrels go bananas in the engine bay and eat 2 maf wires" had me laughing.

trance34

Postby trance34 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:51 pm

bdsams wrote:Sorry to hear of your troubles but the line " since we had some squirrels go bananas in the engine bay and eat 2 maf wires" had me laughing.
Here are a few pics.

Maf

Harness, THis was after the first day. The next day they ate another 5 or so.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

This is a common problem we see at our shop alot. seems a certian manugactuer uses soy sauce as a lubricant when they build the wire harnesses. Then the rodents find a warm place to sleep with a pre nap snack.
We wire tie rat bait boxes ontop of the battery of customers cars to prevent this problem.

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah I saw a story a few months back about a rabbit infestation at the denver airport

http://jalopnik.com/5662917/car+eating- ... er-airport

trance34

Postby trance34 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:49 am

So far so good, vehicle hasn't shut down on us once.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”