12100 miles and New Battery

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

12100 miles and New Battery

Postby cbacarisse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 am

Yesterday I went out to go to work for the first time of the new year. I was welcomed by a dead truck. I'll spare you the details, but after having it towed to the dealership they told me I had to replace the battery. It is a 2010 and has 12103 miles on it. I have the Service + extended warranty and I still had to pay $54 for a new battery. Mind you I had the same problem in April (towing and everything) and they said there was no problem.

I have no doubt the battery was bad, because it starts now. It even starts faster than it did before...I get that. What I dont get is that my interior guage lights and LCD display are much brighter now. I had played with the settings before and I thought I had them all the way up, but they are even more noticibly brighter now. Could that even be affected by the battery?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 12100 miles and New Battery

Postby eieio » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 am

cbacarisse wrote: What I dont get is that my interior guage lights and LCD display are much brighter now. I had played with the settings before and I thought I had them all the way up, but they are even more noticibly brighter now. Could that even be affected by the battery?
it probably could......
do you notice any difference in charging voltage after replacement?
was your battery more than 1 year old when replaced? 100% replacement cost of a defective battery is only covered for the first 12 mo./36,000 miles :(

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:12 am

I dont notice a charging difference.
The battery was exactly 1 year old. The truck only had 12103 miles on it.
The lady told me the warranty only covers the labor not the part. She said they pro-rated the part.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”