Extended warranty covered trans...now what?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 am

amr40509 wrote:Have you called the trans. shop that put the last one in for you? Sounds like they should be the one going to bat for you here. They put in a unit, and presumably got paid for it (by the extended warranty company) that shizzed the bed in a very short period of time. Any good shop should take care of this.

I think you could go after Nissan for the $100 deductible you paid, but that is about where their problem ends since you chose to go another route with it before.

Also, $800 rental fees? Good God man, why didn't you just tell the transmission shop to get crackin' while the warranty company got things straightened out?
They would not send the new trans to the shop until they got their "claim" approved...which took almost 4 weeks. I can go after the shop all I want but most likely its a parts problem. The warranty company sent a trans, they installed it. Either way it will be fixed by somebody

g_05pathfinder

another bad radiator and tranny no suprise

Postby g_05pathfinder » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 am

Well here's another one to join the party. I was having the same issues as everyone else so I took it in. I had no idea there was a 80,000 mile extended warranty until the tranny shop did an inspection and told me the extent of the damage and replaced the tranny and radiator. Good thing mine has 71,000 on it. The question is will Nissan reimburse me if the work was not done by the dealer, but cost was much less than what the dealer would have charged?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”