15 inches of snow... NO PROBLEM!!!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gond34

15 inches of snow... NO PROBLEM!!!

Postby gond34 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:55 am

Wow... first winter with my Pathfinder and we get nailed with a blizzard that drops 15 inches... I am REALLY impressed with this vehicle.. After shoveling enough of my driveway to get a running start, I cruised right down my unplowed street (it's only a block long and low on the plow priority list) without even a hint of getting stuck! Of course, after I did it once I had to do it again... and again, and again!! The neighbors were all laughing and one of them even thanked me for knocking the snow down enough so that he could get out and get to work.. I love this truck! I'll try to get the pics of all the fun up later today!

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 am

Props for being a good neighbor.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Speed is your friend when snow/mud boggin, but I bet you didn't need to take a run at it.

remyek

Postby remyek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 am

31inches of snow NO problem :P

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 am

snow never is a problem. The problem i have found is ice under the snow. i have and i am not exagerating go stuck in the wallmart parking lot in a good snow in 4 wheel drive with a layer of ice under the snow. You can imagine how embarasing it was to need a push to get out. lol
That was when i first got my pathy and a day i wouldnt have believed if i wasnt there to see it myself. In my pathys defense it was a terrible storm and the whole town was pretty well shut down, with power outages and such.

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 pm

tuleman wrote:snow never is a problem. The problem i have found is ice under the snow. i have and i am not exagerating go stuck in the wallmart parking lot in a good snow in 4 wheel drive with a layer of ice under the snow. You can imagine how embarasing it was to need a push to get out. lol
That was when i first got my pathy and a day i wouldnt have believed if i wasnt there to see it myself. In my pathys defense it was a terrible storm and the whole town was pretty well shut down, with power outages and such.
Good enough reason to have a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires.

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 am

that was the first winter i had my pathy and it had the cheapest set of tires the dealer could get for it. i got it used. since i have upgraded tires and have had less issues. i never mentioned how i got stuck either. i tried to free a stuck car. when i went to pull them out instead of giving their car gas they had their foot on the brake and i had 4 perfectly polished spots under my tires. with over a foot of powder on the ground i could not get any traction. who would hold the brakes while getting pulled out of a stuck cituation? oh well you just cant help stupid people.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:02 pm

21" here in Chicago land area and I had no problems with the PF or the X. I used the PF too pull out a F150 4door 4x4. He got stuck in 16" of snow and I drove right up to him and never got stuck.

tuleman

Postby tuleman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

just saying ice+hill+idiot+bad tires=embarasment and a trip to the tire store.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:54 pm

If I see a car stuck and it's driven by some Mr. Cool, and he's still got his summer tires on cause winter steely's are too ugly, I leave him there and make sure he knows why.

Happens more than you'd think up here.
Yes the snow USUALLY only lasts a few days, but it still makes things ugly when its on the ground.

gond34

Postby gond34 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah, it was kinda funny... All week last week when we knew the snow was coming the guy that works for me kept giving me crap about, "When you get stuck, don't worry, I'll come pull ya out." (He drives an H3)... The best part of my week was Wednesday morning when he called me to tell me he was going to be late... He was stuck. Knowing that nobody at the plant expected anyone that lived outside of town to be on time that morning, I thought I'd swing by his house and give him a hand... The look on his face when I pulled right up to his front bumper was priceless... It was almost as entertaining as him finally arriving at the plant that morning only to find out that I had already forwarded the cell phone pics of me pulling his a$$ out to almost every person working that day :twisted: Maybe next time he'll be a little more hesitant about running his mouth...

In all, I was VERY impressed with how this pathfinder handles in the snow.. I ended up having to go out later that night and pulling my wife's Mariner out of the snow as well... Again, the pathy just walked right up to it and yanked it out with no problem; didn't even slip. I was really surprised!

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 am

Well I hate to admit it......

but i got stuck in my yard trying drive back to my building.

I have summer tires that are about at their end, but my problem came when i started to slip down into a ditch...

My left side was only in about 6-8" of snow, but the right side was in about 24-30" of snow...

My tires and lack a excess ground clearence didnt help me at all. :oops:

my neighbor had to pull me out.... Next fall I am going to put on some good A/T tires on.

Sorry to be such an idiot....

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 am

I guess that confirms it, and I agree. A good set of tires on this truck makes it a very capable 4x4.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:31 am

not to burst anyones bubble here, and I love the pathfinder.

but we get average 20" snow in my hometown, and used to drive around in a Fiat 132-2000. just strap on a good set of snow tyres (no chains) and off u go.

with the increased height of a pathy in 4x4 mode, and the awesome 4.0L.... its sure not gonna get stuck easy. :wink:

remyek

Postby remyek » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 pm

omg, heavy snowfall last night and during the day... all crew occupide by keeping the main roads open... and the smaller roads I needed to drive zigzag between stuck cars and looking at all the people digging their cars out. I jist love the grin on my face when I back up over the wall of snow and just park the car.... whilst their grinning, spinning, stuck, showeling... life is awesome... these days make up for all the bad ones

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”