Anyone running 35W HIDs?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

slavabon

Anyone running 35W HIDs?

Postby slavabon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Hey guys,
Im just curious if anyone here is running 35W (vs 55W) HIDs. If so, does it give you SES light? Im playing with 35W bi-xenon kit. It works fine, but sets off SES light. Once disconnected, SES light goes away after few starting cycles. All the wiring seems to be sorted correctly. I'm wondering if its 35W that set off the the warning light. If anyone knows more - please chime in!

remyek

Re: Anyone running 35W HIDs?

Postby remyek » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:43 am

slavabon wrote:Hey guys,
Im just curious if anyone here is running 35W (vs 55W) HIDs. If so, does it give you SES light? Im playing with 35W bi-xenon kit. It works fine, but sets off SES light. Once disconnected, SES light goes away after few starting cycles. All the wiring seems to be sorted correctly. I'm wondering if its 35W that set off the the warning light. If anyone knows more - please chime in!
seriously, don´t the american cars come with xenon from Nissan? All the way back to 2005 you got them here in europe with xenon

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm

I just installed 35 watt HID for low and 55 watt for the high beam. I changed the lens to projector. I can't believe how much more light there is. My high beams are insane. Cheap projectors do give you a little shadows up close. I am guessing if I get Hid Fogs this will be taken care of.

No lights on my dash....

Kami

Re: Anyone running 35W HIDs?

Postby Kami » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:11 pm

slavabon wrote:Hey guys,
I have 35W HIDs (bi-xneon: 6000K) on my headlights (~2 yrs) anf Fogs (1 yr) and they are awesome and no dash lights for them :D

Think the ballast isnt converting the correct power output and the computer is reading it. Try another pair of HIDs, a friends and check.

arrdode

Postby arrdode » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm

35W HID here.

VDC Light came on. Due to disconnecting the battery as I was told.
No SES light.

Another problem, my 15a Left Headlight Low Beam fuse blew last weekend, 1 week after I installed my HID. Not sure if that's what caused it. Replaced the fuse and it working fine so far.

nscarola

Postby nscarola » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm

35W Bi-Xenon

No Problems

taz

Postby taz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:21 pm

arrdode wrote:35W HID here.

VDC Light came on. Due to disconnecting the battery as I was told.
No SES light.

Another problem, my 15a Left Headlight Low Beam fuse blew last weekend, 1 week after I installed my HID. Not sure if that's what caused it. Replaced the fuse and it working fine so far.
did you leave your lights on with the car turned off? HIDS hate low battery power and will blow fuses if voltage drops below a certain level.

I have 35W bi xenon with no lights on the dash

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 pm

i have 35w for a few years now with no issues but for those running bi/xenon how does that work?? is it another bulb in te housing?? or does it have that little metal piece that moves to reflect teh light higher??

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm

jlwardn wrote:I just installed 35 watt HID for low and 55 watt for the high beam. I changed the lens to projector. I can't believe how much more light there is. My high beams are insane. Cheap projectors do give you a little shadows up close. I am guessing if I get Hid Fogs this will be taken care of.

No lights on my dash....
Any pictures of the projector lens you installed and where you bought them? I see them on ebay and they all look really cheap. I'm ok with inexpensive but don't want to shell out money for cheap crap.

ArmyPath

Postby ArmyPath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 am

55 watt Bi kit for my headlights, and 35 watt for my fogs (7000k)

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 pm

volvite wrote:
jlwardn wrote:I just installed 35 watt HID for low and 55 watt for the high beam. I changed the lens to projector. I can't believe how much more light there is. My high beams are insane. Cheap projectors do give you a little shadows up close. I am guessing if I get Hid Fogs this will be taken care of.

No lights on my dash....
Any pictures of the projector lens you installed and where you bought them? I see them on ebay and they all look really cheap. I'm ok with inexpensive but don't want to shell out money for cheap crap.
I bought them from CarID. They appear to be similar to ones on Ebay. I went with them because of the great rep they have and I was able to talk to someone with tons of questions before I bought. I think they will match the price on Ebay too. They come with Halogen bulbs that make a huge difference. There is a thread with pics. I put in HID 35 Watt for the Low and 55 Watt for Highs. Now I just need HID fogs to make up for a little more light right in front of the vehicle. I too wish I could find a High Quality projector for the low beams. These are acceptable for low end quality. They only have Up/Down adjustment so I can't adjust them to be perfect. I have less than $300 wrapped up in Headlights and HID's....10x the light output I had.

ArmyPath

Postby ArmyPath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:05 pm

If anyone is looking to buy, check out sharphid.com aswell, they are cheap, and I have had mine for a long time with no issues.

Solid305

Postby Solid305 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 pm

35W Bi-Xenon 5000K
No issues here

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 am

jlwardn wrote: Now I just need HID fogs to make up for a little more light right in front of the vehicle.
I have the same headlights from CarID. Those bits of shadow directly in front of the vehicle is the only real negative. I typically drive with my fogs on anyway, so it does fill in the shadow. Still, it would be nice to get some BMW projector housings and retrofit those into the CarID headlights. I only have 35 watt HIDs in the low beam, which have been absolutely fantastic. The only problem with that is that now my high beams are useless in comparison. Rather than throw in more HIDs for the highs, I'm just going to install a light bar for those desolate nighttime BFE roads.

TheUnscented

Postby TheUnscented » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:09 pm

The problem with trying to shop the seller's websites is that they always show the headlights just sitting there, out of the vehicle. Why don't they have a pic of them in the vehicle from the manufacturer? They must have test-fit them right? Can anybody post pics of their installed headlights with comments of where they bought them and how they perform? Thanks!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”