Driving Lights

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mgorman03

Driving Lights

Postby mgorman03 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I am about to get a new (well used) 08 Pathfinder and we are going to have to settle for the "S" series instead of the SE. With that being said, we are going to loose a few features that I was hoping for. One of those is driving lights. Why Nissan can not put driving lights on these is beyond me.

Does any one know of a kit (including lights, wires, etc that can be installed relatively easy on this ?

Thanks ... Also has any one added a in-dash navigation system / radio ?

Thanks !! Mark

aadadams

Re: Driving Lights

Postby aadadams » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

mgorman03 wrote:I am about to get a new (well used) 08 Pathfinder and we are going to have to settle for the "S" series instead of the SE. With that being said, we are going to loose a few features that I was hoping for. One of those is driving lights. Why Nissan can not put driving lights on these is beyond me.

Does any one know of a kit (including lights, wires, etc that can be installed relatively easy on this ?

Thanks ... Also has any one added a in-dash navigation system / radio ?

Thanks !! Mark
Check to see if the harness is there because if it is the OEM products are available so that you can add the factory driving lights for a reasonable price.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:32 pm

I have an '08 S. The fog lights are available as a kit from a couple of different places. It's been so long that I don't know who we got it from. It is simply a new turn signal stalk, and two complete fog lights. It all bolts/plugs in easily.

There is a Nissan made dock for a Garmin 700 series GPS that replaces the little tray on top of your dash. You only need to unbolt the radio facia to connect a power wire and the dock pops right in.

There have been write-ups on both of these in the past so do a search.

Of course there are radio/nav systems available as our S model luckily came with the old fashioned double DIN size. I've been thinking of replacing the factory radio with something nicer, but it is low on the list of upgrades.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Oops, how did i miss the final question? I added a Kenwood DNX9960 to mine and have been meaning to post pics. I will make it happen after I pick it up from the shop today or tomorrow. Damn P1283... Good thing the lot agreed to fix it as a condition of the sale...

The_Edge

Postby The_Edge » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 pm

courtesyparts.com has a kit for like $225

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”