Replacing the Headlight bulbs??

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

samuelm5

Replacing the Headlight bulbs??

Postby samuelm5 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 am

Hi, I need to replace my headlight bulb and I know from the manual I have to pull the back connector from the bulb but it seems too hard. If I pull any harder the bulb will come out of the headlight attached!! Is there something I am missing in pulling the back plastic connectors off?

thanks

Marc

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:41 am

a little WD-40 or similar spray penetrant may loosen it up

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 am

At the risk of sounding stupid...you do know that there is a white ring that's holding the bulb in right? its a twist on/twist off ring and then you pull the light bulb out of the little notches that it sits in.

Good Luck.

samuelm5

Postby samuelm5 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 am

Yes thanks, but its the black plastic almost square connectors that are on theback of the actual bulb attachment that have the wires running from the battery.

Tech

Postby Tech » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:29 pm

on the top of the connector is a little release tab, gotta push that down...Sometimes it still doesn't lift the little pawl of the tab on the bulb....helps if you push the socket in toward the bulb, press the tab down, and maybe even lift up a bit on the front edge of the release to help it over the tab on the bulb.

If you undo the white ring like Spicoli says, you can pull out the bulb with the connector on and work on it outside of that confined space. It'll become really obvious.

If by chance you were running a PIAA type aftermarket knock-off/blue bulb, the socket may be melted to the bulb...

(@ Spicoli; Riding time yet?)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”