white rhino light bar installed

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

white rhino light bar installed

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 pm

I purchased it a few weeks back. got around to installing it today. Painted it black and mounted two 6" hella 500FF lights on it. As most know its meant for the frontiers but with a set of brackets i had a friend cut for me out of 3/16" steel plate i was able to make it work to my liking. And i didnt have to bolt it to the bottom of the bumper like the frontiers.
I went a little overboard with the bolts used but i would rather that and the bar isnt going anywhere. I was pulling on on up and down etc.. and boy was it on there good.

Brackets. There cut 5" long. about 3" tall.I mocked them up to the bumper support. then measured twice and drilled the two holes in the brackets and in the support. DId the same on the other side. Then bolted the brackets to the supports. Got the light bar and lined everything up and had to drill two more holes for the light bar to bolt to. It wouldnt work just bolting the light bar to the bumper support. I would have only been able to get one bolt in on each side.

Installed and mouted up:

and with everything installed and the lights wired up.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:17 am

Looks good. Nice modification. I like it mounting higher than real low

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

volvite wrote:Looks good. Nice modification. I like it mounting higher than real low
Same here, I like it. That's kinda what I had in mind when I started making mine, but I had trouble bending the metal I had bought. Good job.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks fellas. I like the way it turned it. The lights are pretty bright. Although I do plan on putting hids in them. Unsure of what k. I may do yellow for now if I can find it in an h3 bulb. Non hid. I was debating painting the chrome.on the grill black but didn't have time.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Less chrome is better for any kind of dirt/off road. Dirt is Chrome's worst enemy. Very easy to chip/scratch/swirl.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am

volvite wrote:Less chrome is better for any kind of dirt/off road. Dirt is Chrome's worst enemy. Very easy to chip/scratch/swirl.
When it gets a little warmer out ill end up painting it. Either black or take it to a body shop and get it painted body color.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:32 am

I'll have to watch for those pictures. I have a grey color pathfinder and the same chrome grill. I'll be looking into doing something probably this fall to it.

glockshooter

Postby glockshooter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:39 pm

So if I follow you right, you needed the extra bracket cause it wouldn't fit with the stock. 2 bolts held the bracket on, 2 held the bar to the bracket? any issues getting the drill in there?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 am

Nice job with the bar. I figured it would fit after talking to the guy at White Rhino. Looks good.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:50 am

glockshooter wrote:So if I follow you right, you needed the extra bracket cause it wouldn't fit with the stock. 2 bolts held the bracket on, 2 held the bar to the bracket? any issues getting the drill in there?
If i didnt use the brackets i made of the two bolt holes that are on each side of the light bar, only one hole on each side lines up. With the use of the brackets i was able to position it the way i wanted and used all 4 holes to bolt it down to the bumper support. Its actually pretty strong with the brackets bolted to the bumper suport.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 am

NVSteve wrote:Nice job with the bar. I figured it would fit after talking to the guy at White Rhino. Looks good.
Thanks. When i talked to him via e-mail it came off as if he had no idea if it would fit or not, or what if anything would be needed to make it work. But i very happy with how it came out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”