Plastic parts breaking left and right... Pathy 2006

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:40 am

se7en wrote:
ByPath wrote:I believe the r50's were made in japan up until 2003-2004.

the r51 2005+ were for the most part, made here in the states.

coincidence ? I think not. we are practically driving an american made car with amercan made quality.
THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!! SO MUCH MONEY AND YOU GET THIS CRAP. A PATHFINDER BUT REALLY A DURANGO UNDEARNEATH.

YOU CAN SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS CHEAP AND RATTLY AND MATERIAL ISNT FASTEND PROPERLY....
SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A 4RUNNER.

A 4 RUNNER WITH A 100k ON IT WOULD DRIVE BETTER THAN THIS.
8) .........so go buy a 4 runner with 100k on it!

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 am

Lol yeh Marwan, yours i know is brand new was actually refering to se7en as to if he bought it brand new or used..

Im waiting to come off road with you guys but just that our second car is now 61/2 years old(manual) and needs to be replaced soon, till then i'll have to drive it, hopefully with a another nissan if all goes well..and my family drives the Pathy..Will meet you guys on the dunes soon.. :D

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am

YOU CAN SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS CHEAP AND RATTLY AND MATERIAL ISNT FASTEND PROPERLY....

Interesting thing is, practically EVERY car line has complaints like this. Doesnt matter if it is Japanese, American, or Euro built... US or Import car. You can go to any message board, or hang out in any dealership waiting room, and there is always someone who is dissatisfied with interior workmanship.

Another thing, take off a door panel. Remove any misc interior trim piece... be it on a Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, VW, etc. They are all held on by some cheap plastic clips and a few screws. How much difference is there any quality, really?

Now, I aint really trying to downplay your complaints. But, after owning my Pfinder for 3 1/2 years I have no complaints about the quality of the interior trim. Maybe I am lucky and got a good one.

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am

yeah but toyota interior quality of parts are definitely better.

and these pathfinders have serious problem that can take out your transmission which will cost over 3000 dollars to repair.

but as bad as the problem sound, it seems to only affect a small percentage of owners. the pathfinder r51 still gets good majority ranking on edmunds and other user review sites.
BMXPath wrote:

Interesting thing is, practically EVERY car line has complaints like this. Doesnt matter if it is Japanese, American, or Euro built... US or Import car. You can go to any message board, or hang out in any dealership waiting room, and there is always someone who is dissatisfied with interior workmanship.

Another thing, take off a door panel. Remove any misc interior trim piece... be it on a Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, VW, etc. They are all held on by some cheap plastic clips and a few screws. How much difference is there any quality, really?

Now, I aint really trying to downplay your complaints. But, after owning my Pfinder for 3 1/2 years I have no complaints about the quality of the interior trim. Maybe I am lucky and got a good one.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 am

ByPath wrote: ...and these pathfinders have serious problem that can take out your transmission which will cost over 3000 dollars to repair.
Are you talking about the tranny cooler failing? If so, trans coolers leaking antifreeze into trans fluid aint nothing new. I bypassed the radiator trans cooler and put an external cooler on an '81 Olds way back, long time ago.

08 pathy

Postby 08 pathy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am

ByPath wrote:yeah but toyota interior quality of parts are definitely better.
Looks like that's the only good thing Toyota has going for it right now... :lol:

se7en

Postby se7en » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:24 pm

ByPath wrote:but it's still japanese designed and I think all the parts are from japan.

the 5runner and pathfinder are very different, some people prefer the raw, strong, utilitarian look and feel of the path.
se7en wrote:

coincidence ? I think not. we are practically driving an american made car with amercan made quality.
THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!! SO MUCH MONEY AND YOU GET THIS CRAP. A PATHFINDER BUT REALLY A DURANGO UNDEARNEATH.

Are you sure the parts are manufactured in japan? Also are you sure it was designed by japanese?

well even so - what do they care - i mean they only designed it and manufactured it halfa$$ cause its going to US - which is 150% better than any US car...

se7en

Postby se7en » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 pm

dryart wrote:
se7en wrote:

waiting to save some money for the 2010 limited...

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:57 pm

to be honest, I'm not totally sure if it was designed in japan with japanese parts. I hope to say that at least the design and parts are from japan.
se7en wrote:
ByPath wrote:but it's still japanese designed and I think all the parts are from japan.

the 5runner and pathfinder are very different, some people prefer the raw, strong, utilitarian look and feel of the path.
se7en wrote: THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!! SO MUCH MONEY AND YOU GET THIS CRAP. A PATHFINDER BUT REALLY A DURANGO UNDEARNEATH.

Are you sure the parts are manufactured in japan? Also are you sure it was designed by japanese?

well even so - what do they care - i mean they only designed it and manufactured it halfa$$ cause its going to US - which is 150% better than any US car...

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:58 pm

4runner limited is very nice wow! huge suv now! but wow starts at about 34k
se7en wrote:
dryart wrote:
se7en wrote: THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!! SO MUCH MONEY AND YOU GET THIS CRAP. A PATHFINDER BUT REALLY A DURANGO UNDEARNEATH.

waiting to save some money for the 2010 limited...

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:57 pm

how are the power outlet covers removed? :?

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:25 pm

se7en wrote:

Perhaps until your pedal gets stuck :shock:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”