What lights are you using--lightbars-

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

What lights are you using--lightbars-

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Curious as to what lights everyone is using for there light bars.I have the whiterhino light bar so im looking to mount two 6" lights on it.I would rather some personal input as opposed to reading the same ads over and over. There the best,brightest.. etc... If you have pictures of the output that would be awesome.

remyek

Re: What lights are you using--lightbars-

Postby remyek » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 am

NYPathfinder wrote:Curious as to what lights everyone is using for there light bars.I have the whiterhino light bar so im looking to mount two 6" lights on it.I would rather some personal input as opposed to reading the same ads over and over. There the best,brightest.. etc... If you have pictures of the output that would be awesome.
I bought "replicas" of the Hella Rally-e 3000 with xenon bulbs. I compared it to a friends rallye lights, and they look just the same and have the same light. More to it the replicas has plastic and not glass, makes it more durable to stones and other hard objects that in winter time hits your car. The price was at giveaway point, 130 usd for the two lamps with xenon bulb and kit. Recomended. The only down side is that when the lights have been off for around 10min og mor, they take around 20sec to reach full strenght. The iluminator (which costs 10 times more) does it in 10! I guess a 2.5kvm wire would reduce the time by 5 sec, and a better and more expensive ballast would reduce it even more, but it aint that annoying as for normal on off use with meeting ars it works as a charm!

http://www.northlights.no/documents/60.html

Sim is the name of them I took the ring off and sanded it down, coated it with matte black. They look real good!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: What lights are you using--lightbars-

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:28 am

NYPathfinder wrote:Curious as to what lights everyone is using for there light bars.I have the whiterhino light bar so im looking to mount two 6" lights on it.I would rather some personal input as opposed to reading the same ads over and over. There the best,brightest.. etc... If you have pictures of the output that would be awesome.
I'm pretty certain that if I go with HID offroad lights, I'll get the 6" Eagle Eye lights: http://www.rdmoffroad.com/eagle-eye-2.aspx

No personal experience, but if you google something like "eagle eye offroad light review," you'll come across a number of different 4x4 forums where people have tested & posted pictures of these. Reading through all the posts convinced me.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 am

I was trying to stay away from HID's but from what ive seen the light output is absolutely amazing. I may get the Hella 500FF's and convert them to HIDs later down the road. From searching around google brought me to a tacoma forum with pics.That convinced me.

remyek

Postby remyek » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:16 pm

I ended up using a pair of Hella 500ff's. I got the lightbar painted and lights mounted. I should be installing them tuesday when im off from work. They seem pretty bright when.I hooked them up to a spare battery. If they don't cut it I will install a set.of hids in them.
With the covers on

Covers off

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 am

looks great where did you get that light bar?

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Also if you got any pics of it installed would love to see them

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:47 pm

bwareheim wrote:Also if you got any pics of it installed would love to see them
I got it from here:http://store.whiterhinofab.com/nflb.htm
Its meant for the frontiers but i gave it a shot and ordered it. I was told if it doesnt fit i can return it minus shipping so i said why not give it a try. I did a rough mock up and it looks like it should fit exactly like it would the frontier. bolting to the same spots. Im going to install it tuesday and see what happens but Im pretty confident it will fit without a problem.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I have a brush guard with a winch tray and above the winch I have two hella 500 lights.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:
bwareheim wrote:Also if you got any pics of it installed would love to see them
I got it from here:http://store.whiterhinofab.com/nflb.htm
Its meant for the frontiers but i gave it a shot and ordered it. I was told if it doesnt fit i can return it minus shipping so i said why not give it a try. I did a rough mock up and it looks like it should fit exactly like it would the frontier. bolting to the same spots. Im going to install it tuesday and see what happens but Im pretty confident it will fit without a problem.
Sounds good definitely trying to see pictures when you get it on

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Only picture I have for right now. Im rushing out the door for dinner so ill make a new thread with all the other pics I have later tonite.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:48 pm

I ended up with the Hella 500ff's. I like them alot. the beam pattern is what i want. My only gripe is there not waterproof. i was assuming they were. Did some wheeling tonite and ended up going through a puddle that completely submerged the front end. Came out of it and my buddy noticed I had a puddle of water in them. Guess i will either try and make them air tight or buy another set thats completely waterproof. :shock:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”