Rear Hatch Wont Lock

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

AZRoushStang

Rear Hatch Wont Lock

Postby AZRoushStang » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

Hey guys,

I have an 05 Path that the rear hatch wont lock. All of the other doors lock and the rear glass locks, but the hatch itself wont lock.

When I try to lock it I can hear what sounds like the actuator trying making a sound that sounds like 6 or 7 clicks in rapid succession, but it doesn't actually cause the door to lock.

Any ideas what might be going on there?

Or any information about how to pull that bad boy apart?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:34 am

maybe stupid question, but have u checked that the 3 bolts holding the lock are tight and not playing around ?

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:43 am

Yeah those are all just fine. I haven't taken it all apart yet.

I have found that when I move that white lever behind the little panel that I can get it to start locking again, but only for a short time...

Elite130

Postby Elite130 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 am

I had this same thing happen to me. After I accessed the door lock actuator, I found the linkage between the actuator and the lock itself became disconnected. I reconnected the linkage to the actuator and it worked fine. It was a pretty easy fix, but you have to remove the entire rear interior panel.

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:45 am

Elite,

Do you have any recommendations for removing the panel?

Thanks,

Elite130

Postby Elite130 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 am

AZRoushStang wrote:Elite,

Do you have any recommendations for removing the panel?

Thanks,
To be honese, I cannot remember what it takes to remove the rear panel. I believe there are two screws in the First Aid pocket and another couple screws on the bottom of the door where the handle is on the right hand side (the one you use to close the door). There may also be one screw located behind the small access panel in the center of the door below the window. Once you get those screws out, you have to pull the panel out till the plastic retaining clips pop-off.

I'm sorry I'm not much more help. I'll check tonight when I get home and try to give you better information.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”