Weathertech In-Channel Vent Visors - Dark

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Weathertech In-Channel Vent Visors - Dark

Postby blink32 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:04 am

I've had these on for a while now and I must say I enjoy them. Not worried about leaving my windows cracked and inviting opportunistic thieves, letting all the hot air out, worrying about rain. Now granted, if someone wants in they will get in period, but you can't want what you don't know is there so the dark color masks the fact that the windows are slightly down from all but the up close look so I'm not advocating this as a theft deterrent device. Just a deterrent for the opportunistic person who might see the opening and try to reach in and help themselves.

For in In-Channel model the price wasn't much more than others and I didn't want to use the ones that stick on the outside. My chief complaint is they do affect visibility, but I assume all brands would at some point. Its not horrible but the curve of the visors do distort light a bit and add to existing blind spots.

I'll get some pic's up shortly. Probably the same time I get pictures of the stock and locking version of the Yakima mounts. :-/ Pictures are taken I just need to put them up.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:31 am

All the vent visors distort. It's just something you have to live with. It's more for convenience and airflow. Plus they do look nice. I didn't car for the stick on ones I have on the jeep.

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Got a full set of the Weathertech Darks off ebay last winter for $45... I absolutely love them played a little havoc with my power windows at first but I absolutely love them. Goes for most of their products I have the floor liners and they are perfect. I got the matts for my GF's Jetta... Incredible dissapointment fit and coverage wise for a hundred dollar set of mats. .

00void

Postby 00void » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:28 am

Fofiddy wrote:Got a full set of the Weathertech Darks off ebay last winter for $45... I absolutely love them played a little havoc with my power windows at first but I absolutely love them. Goes for most of their products I have the floor liners and they are perfect. I got the matts for my GF's Jetta... Incredible dissapointment fit and coverage wise for a hundred dollar set of mats. .
i just got their floor liners in for my truck this past thursday. they're awesome.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:20 am

00void wrote:
i just got their floor liners in for my truck this past thursday. they're awesome.
I've got their cargo liner in the back. Very nice fit. Had to cut the holes for the tie downs & trim off the front and back lip that got in the way. Very happy with it.

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm

They are shipping my Weathertech floor liners and Cargo liners this week. I can't wait to get rid of the carpet mats that came with the PF.

00void

Postby 00void » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:49 am

geoffstgermaine wrote:They are shipping my Weathertech floor liners and Cargo liners this week. I can't wait to get rid of the carpet mats that came with the PF.
they weren't kidding when they said it would be a 10-14 day wait before shipping but they arrived 3 days after being shipped.

you're gonna love them. the fit is PERFECT. i've no idea why i never got them when i had my 4Runner.

Return to “General Automotive”