2010 PF Hood Deflector Install

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

baironhorse

2010 PF Hood Deflector Install

Postby baironhorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Anyone install one of these...I baught one second hand but no instructions....its an OEM deflector by the way....Can you direct me to where I can find an how to install? Is it easy? Your thoughts...thanks

mbenes11

Postby mbenes11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am

It is really simple, you just have to put the plastic screw-in retainers in the holes where the factory push-in retainers go. Then just use the screws to secure the bug deflector to the hood. I think i still have the written instructions on my work bench somewhere. I will try to find them and scan them for you. Total install time should not take more than 15min.

baironhorse

Postby baironhorse » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:57 pm

If you have those instructions that would be great and really appreciated!...want to do this right once since I am dealing with plastic and don't want to bust anything!!!
mbenes11 wrote:It is really simple, you just have to put the plastic screw-in retainers in the holes where the factory push-in retainers go. Then just use the screws to secure the bug deflector to the hood. I think i still have the written instructions on my work bench somewhere. I will try to find them and scan them for you. Total install time should not take more than 15min.

baironhorse

Postby baironhorse » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

If you have those instructions that would be great and really appreciated!...want to do this right once since I am dealing with plastic and don't want to bust anything!!!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Now did you buy the deflector that was for the 08+ pathfinder? If you bought one for an older model, 05-07 they won't fit correctly. You will have to do some adjusting as the hood changed in 08.

baironhorse

Postby baironhorse » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:04 pm

volvite wrote:Now did you buy the deflector that was for the 08+ pathfinder? If you bought one for an older model, 05-07 they won't fit correctly. You will have to do some adjusting as the hood changed in 08.
No it came off another 2010 model....they guy traded his PF for the Armada and is selling off his accessories...Its a dealer OEM part....I have no instructions....I checked the net and only found a very small image but can't make heads or tails of proper assembly...

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Ok. That's a plus. What other accessories is he selling? Black/charcoal rubber floormats maybe? I'm looking for some.

asgard

Postby asgard » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:24 pm

I have recently fitted on to my 07, made by Westin - but they cannot be that much different.

First remove weather strip from edge of hood, about 14 small plastic push clips - use small bladed screwdriver to remove.

take pastic mountings circular with tapered section on one end, install large diameter but short length self tapping screws into centre hole, align deflector to hood edge and mark holes to be used.

test insert srews so the start easy once deflector in place.

Install tapered end of plastic bush into slot on the Westin/hole in deflector, lightly tighten and check for centering on deflector, once correct tighten screws - but be careful of the plastic.
reinstall weather strip with plastic plugs - less the 4 that you used for holding on the defector.

Job done.

Welcome to the forum - a fellow Canadain.

baironhorse

Postby baironhorse » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Thx asgard...what yr is yours?
asgard wrote:I have recently fitted on to my 07, made by Westin - but they cannot be that much different.

First remove weather strip from edge of hood, about 14 small plastic push clips - use small bladed screwdriver to remove.

take pastic mountings circular with tapered section on one end, install large diameter but short length self tapping screws into centre hole, align deflector to hood edge and mark holes to be used.

test insert srews so the start easy once deflector in place.

Install tapered end of plastic bush into slot on the Westin/hole in deflector, lightly tighten and check for centering on deflector, once correct tighten screws - but be careful of the plastic.
reinstall weather strip with plastic plugs - less the 4 that you used for holding on the defector.

Job done.

Welcome to the forum - a fellow Canadain.

asgard

Postby asgard » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 pm

it is an 07 LE V6

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 2010 PF Hood Deflector Install

Postby eieio » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:22 pm

baironhorse wrote:Anyone install one of these...I baught one second hand but no instructions....its an OEM deflector by the way....Can you direct me to where I can find an how to install? Is it easy? Your thoughts...thanks
here ya go - see "more product images" below the "Price & Availability"
http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-hoo ... _7314_7587&

baironhorse

Postby baironhorse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:55 pm

thx guys!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”