Rear AC vents won't stay open

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

texasaggie

Rear AC vents won't stay open

Postby texasaggie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:06 am

I have a '05 Pathy and when I turn up the rear AC blower up to 3-4, the rear AC vents shut.

Has anyone else experienced this?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am

Hm, that's a new one for me. I just went out to the parking lot and played around with it.

It appears that the blower feeds all 4 vents, so if I have 3 of them closed the air force out the last one is quite substantial, and if I have that vent in the, say roughly, 66% closed range, it'll snap closed by it's self. However as long as I've got one vent wide open, the pressure isn't enough to close any of the other vents even if just open a crack.

How does that compare with your expiriance?

texasaggie

Postby texasaggie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:10 am

RacerZX wrote:Hm, that's a new one for me. I just went out to the parking lot and played around with it.

It appears that the blower feeds all 4 vents, so if I have 3 of them closed the air force out the last one is quite substantial, and if I have that vent in the, say roughly, 66% closed range, it'll snap closed by it's self. However as long as I've got one vent wide open, the pressure isn't enough to close any of the other vents even if just open a crack.

How does that compare with your expiriance?
It is very close to my expereince. If I have any of them partially closed, then it dominos. First one, then another, then .... until they are all closed. Once the first goes, then the rest goes quickly.

And yes they snap closed as well.

I too have to leave them filly open or else above 2 on the fan, or wham they go closed.

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 am

I had something like that happen over the weekend.
My sister was sitting in the back and something about the vents closed when the air was turned up.
I'll have to go and experiment with it.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”