VDC and SLIP dash lights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

mcxstar01

Postby mcxstar01 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:48 pm

Cliff_Jumper wrote:After taking it to the dealer for ECM recall, the VDC/SLIP light came on. I haven't checked the connections and brake fluid yet, but will update once I get home tonight.
I too just brought my 2005 pathfinder in for the ECM recall. I'm running into an issue now when I use my cruise control on the highway for a decent amount of time.

When driving a long it abruptly kicks me out of cruise control and the VDC OFF and SLIP dash lights illuminate.

Have any of you guys experienced something similar?

Shinyboy

Postby Shinyboy » Sun May 08, 2011 5:22 pm

I haven't had it kick me off cruise and I use cruise almost every day for a good amount of miles to and from work. It is getting annoying to have the lights come on almost every drive now. This happened once or twice since I bought my '06 but very infrequently.

Just had the ECM recall done a bit back and definitely seems to be happening more of late since the ECM work. Also seem that it comes on after a good hard turn/curve so I'll keep an eye on that trend to see if it might be a steering sensor.

Thanks for all the good info here guys. Definitely think a TSB is in order.

mrfatboy

Postby mrfatboy » Sun May 15, 2011 2:07 pm

My 2005 pathfinder just started having the VDC OFF and Slip lights come on this week. Turning the car off and back on again clears the lights.

I also noticed that when the lights come on and stay on, using the VDC button doesn't clear or toggle that specific light.

Today, there was a light rain and I spun out a little on a right turn from a stop light. The SLIP light come on and activated the slip control correctly then went off as it should. This did not trigger the problem.

I had the ECM recall done last December.

Has anybody called Nissan Assist regarding this? I think my warranty just expired :(

4timenissanowner

Postby 4timenissanowner » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Would this fall under the bumper to bumper warranty or power train?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:28 pm

I think that this would fall under powertrain warranty.

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 pm

My vdc and ant slip has been coming on and off for a week now. Just got back from the dealership and the electronic motor in my transfer case is crap and is trying to put my pathfinder in 4 wheel drive while im slowing down not its stuck in 4 low and wont disengage so either a new tranfercase motor or new transfercase depending on the damage when they tear it apart. Glad i have the extended powertrain warranty!!!!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:47 pm

05pathyse wrote:My vdc and ant slip has been coming on and off for a week now. Just got back from the dealership and the electronic motor in my transfer case is crap and is trying to put my pathfinder in 4 wheel drive while im slowing down not its stuck in 4 low and wont disengage so either a new tranfercase motor or new transfercase depending on the damage when they tear it apart. Glad i have the extended powertrain warranty!!!!
That tells me that it should be covered under the powertrain warranty.

bakerbaker

Postby bakerbaker » Mon May 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I added brake fluid and replaced the battery and it helped, but it still comes on from time to time. Make me cringe because there is really not much info out there on it.

jggv98

Postby jggv98 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm

bakerbaker wrote:I added brake fluid and replaced the battery and it helped, but it still comes on from time to time. Make me cringe because there is really not much info out there on it.
after 3-4 times with the dealer, it was the angle steering sensor

bakerbaker

Postby bakerbaker » Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 am

Are there any negative effects if I ignore it?

Slayer fan

Postby Slayer fan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:32 pm

I have the lights on every time I drive anywhere..... I have less than 75000 miles and I drive 1 mile to work 2 times a day. I climbed under the truck and I have a buttload of oil or some type of oily substance all over what I think is the transfer case especially the wiring area. there are many spots under the truck almost in the center of where I park. Any Ideas what I could be looking at?

jking63

Postby jking63 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 am

Slayer Fan:

You might check the front transfer case seal. $8 at nissan, took about 3 hours total.

wpgtibook

Postby wpgtibook » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:38 pm

I had the same VDC / ABS / SLIP light on. We tracked it down (via code) to the left front wheel speed sensor. However, it is the "male connector" that attaches to the wheel speed sensor.

Nissan does not stock the part, it's considered "obsolete."

Anyone have any ideas where to source this "2 pronged clip" and / or have a schematic that will help identify the part number?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:23 pm

The mail connector should be part of the engine room harness, a $500-600 part. Only in rare instances has Nissan offered a repair pigtail connector, like many of the US domestic manufacturers do. If I repair connector was needed, it came in a Kent-Moore terminal and harness repair kit, along with an assortment of other connectors, pins and water seals. These kits were force shipped to Nissan and Infiniti dealers. You could try Wiring Specialties; they are a company that specializes in custom harness for Nissan engine swaps, but they also have a selection of Nissan repair pigtails at their site. If they don't have it, your next best shot at finding one is to find one on a Nissan in a salvage yard. Obviously, the same year/model would be ideal, but there are likely a number of models and years that used the same connector. I guess in worst case scenario, you could hard-wire and solder the circuits, eliminating the harness connectors.

wpgtibook

Postby wpgtibook » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks very much. Do you have any idea what the part # would be for this?

Update - I spoke with Yury at Wiring Specialties, and he suggested that I try their "knock sensor", given that it looks identical to what is on the wheel speed sensor. http://www.wiringspecialties.com/connectorg.html

Any thoughts?

Looks like I'll be chasing this mysterious $10 part....[/img]
Last edited by wpgtibook on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “R51 Electrical”