Wiper Blades?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

Wiper Blades?

Postby SilverGhost » Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 pm

I gotta replace the wiper blades on my '06, front and back. Gonna get the rear at my dealer - about $7.50, cheaper than AutoZone.

As for the fronts, has anybody tried any of the "aero" style blades, i.e. Bosch, Michelin, Rain-X, Anco, Trico? If so, are they any better than regular metal blades as far as streaking, chattering, etc.? They look cool, but at twice the price, I'm havin' a hard time justifying the things.

The wife's Audi uses an Audi-only OEM metal blade with a plastic spoiler attached, and they are fantastic, IMHO. The aftermarket "aero" blades are all plastic, as far as I can tell, and I'm just not convinced that's the way to go.
Last edited by SilverGhost on Fri May 06, 2011 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Yes I have the Bosch on my 99 Jeep grand cherokee. They work great for water, snow and even mud. Love them. They clean so much better. They also don't fill with snow/water and freeze during the winter time. Sure made life easier.

Shinyboy

Postby Shinyboy » Sun May 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I have the Rain-x version. They are awesome. 'nuff said.

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Have had good luck with Bosch Micro Edge's on my vehicles. Cheapish & work fine for quite a while.

Anyone know what's up with the rear wiper? I bought one at auto parts store, and I've never been able to get it to sit right on the hook. there something "special" you have to do so it's seated properly?

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 pm

webmastir wrote:Anyone know what's up with the rear wiper? I bought one at auto parts store, and I've never been able to get it to sit right on the hook. there something "special" you have to do so it's seated properly?
You gotta hold your mouth just right and use a little persuasion on it. 8)

Seriously, if it locks into place, I can't imagine why it wouldn't fit right. I bought a Trico 12-B at a parts store last week, and it looks and fits just like OEM. FYI, the 12-A blade will NOT fit. It kinda sounds like only one side of the blade attachment bracket is fully seated. Got a photo of it?

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah. I'll post one or two in a few hours when I get home from work. Wife has the Path at the moment..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”