Question about style?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

Question about style?

Postby cbacarisse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:10 am

I have a 2wd 2010 PF SE. Would I be considered a poser if I put AT tires and a Yakima rack on it. I don't go off-roading, but I do go on construction sites a lot.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:32 am

i don't see why you would be considered a poser. It IS YOUR car not anyone else's.

elpeede

Postby elpeede » Thu May 26, 2011 11:34 am

I guess it would depend on if you fitted them because they make a purposeful difference to the use of the vehicle.. or just because they look "cool" ... like do you need them?

Eitherway some will still think you were a poser even if you happened to be Indian jones and had Lara Croft as your passenger.

Who cares what they think, enjoy your car!

Tez

Postby Tez » Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

Put what you like on your truck.

If you care about what other people think then drive it on a dirt road from time to time and just tell them you take it off road.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Question about style?

Postby disallow » Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am

cbacarisse wrote:I have a 2wd 2010 PF SE. Would I be considered a poser if I put AT tires and a Yakima rack on it. I don't go off-roading, but I do go on construction sites a lot.
You'll only look like a poser if you get stuck while mudding and people notice your front tires aren't spinning... :)

Otherwise, there is no visual way to tell the difference other than looking for the 4WD switch in the vehicle, or getting underneath.

t

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 pm

elpeede wrote:I guess it would depend on if you fitted them because they make a purposeful difference to the use of the vehicle.. or just because they look "cool" ... like do you need them?

Eitherway some will still think you were a poser even if you happened to be Indian jones and had Lara Croft as your passenger.

Who cares what they think, enjoy your car!
Sorry, but you are completely wrong on this one. If Lara Croft was my passenger, not one person would be thinking poser because all eyes would be fixed on her, not the Pathfinder. :D

As to the OP, I would say do what you want. If what other people may think or say might bother you, then don't do it. If you could care less about all of that nonsense, then you have free reign to do whatever you want. Someone mentioned it earlier-it is your vehicle.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Fri May 27, 2011 5:06 pm

That's pretty much the way I feel too. I was just curious what the state of mind was.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”