2006 problem(s) - need advice

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

2006R51MD

2006 problem(s) - need advice

Postby 2006R51MD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm

My 06 has a little over 75K miles on it. I have been having this problem for about a month or so now. When I am driving, at random times the truck with feel and sound as if I am going over the entire road full of those rumble strips. I took it in the shop, told them about the radiator/tranny issue. They test drove it for a while and felt nothing. Checked the fluid and said it smelled funny. So they ended up replacing the radiator and flushing the fluids. I get the truck back yesterday and it seemed okay. Today the problem seems like it may be worse than before.

I am not sure but it seems like it happens when the truck downshifts but I am not certain on that. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks for the help

Npath

Re: 2006 problem(s) - need advice

Postby Npath » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 am

2006R51MD wrote:My 06 has a little over 75K miles on it. I have been having this problem for about a month or so now. When I am driving, at random times the truck with feel and sound as if I am going over the entire road full of those rumble strips. I took it in the shop, told them about the radiator/tranny issue. They test drove it for a while and felt nothing. Checked the fluid and said it smelled funny. So they ended up replacing the radiator and flushing the fluids. I get the truck back yesterday and it seemed okay. Today the problem seems like it may be worse than before.

I am not sure but it seems like it happens when the truck downshifts but I am not certain on that. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks for the help
Have the u-joints on the drive shafts been looked at?

redwing

Postby redwing » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 pm

When I drive mine I keep my fingers crossed and hope no check engine lights come on, or slip lights. When I had my Honda I never had to do this.

2006R51MD

Re: 2006 problem(s) - need advice

Postby 2006R51MD » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Npath wrote:
2006R51MD wrote:My 06 has a little over 75K miles on it. I have been having this problem for about a month or so now. When I am driving, at random times the truck with feel and sound as if I am going over the entire road full of those rumble strips. I took it in the shop, told them about the radiator/tranny issue. They test drove it for a while and felt nothing. Checked the fluid and said it smelled funny. So they ended up replacing the radiator and flushing the fluids. I get the truck back yesterday and it seemed okay. Today the problem seems like it may be worse than before.

Thanks for the help
Have the u-joints on the drive shafts been looked at?
not yet, but the will be ASAP!

snakerupa

Postby snakerupa » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:26 pm

I guarantee your radiator has broken down internally, mixed coolant with the trans fluid and is now frying your trans. Numerous documented cases of this. Hope you have an extended warranty. Dont trust Nissan to tell you everything is fine. This is the major downfall of the first 2 years for the R51. Good luck.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”