New Used PathFinder 08

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

PathFinderSE4wd

New Used PathFinder 08

Postby PathFinderSE4wd » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:24 am

Excited to be a new used pathfinder owner. This forum seems very active which is great. These are so helpful.

Picked up a CPO 2008 Pathfinder SE 4wd
Black exterior / tan interior.

Traded my 2008 CRV, needed more space, more seating (teenagers) and the potential of towing. Looked a CX-9, Honda Pilot (new model and old), HighLander. Too many explorer's on the road, wanted something slightly unique. Picked the Finder. The Nissan CPO program is fantastic. Brand new looking and feel with basically new car warranty for the next 5 years / 100,000 miles. Paid for the upgrade for the Zero deductible and many more parts covered.

Still getting used to the ride and handling, its great but a bit more softer than the CRV and not quite as repsonive. Love the power, ride height. Moves very nice on highway for cruising. 4wd is nice not sure I will use it. Tried it out the other day in a down pour, what a difference, felt like I had tank tracks on the road. I guess its there if I need it.

Last Nissan was 1995 Pickup, brand new. Great truck. Been about 15 years since I owned a Nissan brand, hoping for long term success.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

welcome.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Nice. I have an 08 CPO as well. Love it. I actually bought it right before I deployed as a vehicle for my wife and son. Glad I don't have to worry about anything. You should post up pics so we can see the beauty.

Simon

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:25 am

Hey mate, sounds like a perfect truck for you, though you've got to go out and use the 4WD on it, even if it's only a few little tracks here and there, otherwise you might as well have gotten a 2WD truck ;)

Anyway, always nice to see someone else enjoying a Nissan.. You are definitely right about the ride on the current models being a little bit soft, though that seems to be the compromise between a truck and a car suspension.. it's much more like a big car in ride. Though the height is quite nice and with a little lift they are a very capable vehicle, except a little long.

I still love my 89 Pathfinder though, but if I was to go for anything 'newer' it'd be about a 2008 Navara, though we've got diesel models over here in Oz, so I'd try for the 2.5TD with 6 speed manual transmission, as they are lovely.. I got one bogged up to the chassis rails though (thanks to a 'driver trainer' saying I should drive through a puddle that I told him was impassable!! [needless to say I got stuck and I still passed the course because I knew the capabilities of the vehicle and the nastiness of this puddle])

Anyway, welcome to the forum (I'm only new too but hey) and welcome back to the Nissan path, hehehe ;)

Simon

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”