Trails in California

Regional discussions and Get Together organization for the Northwest area.

Moderator: volvite

rragpaoa

Trails in California

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 am

Hey RacerZX,

I'm fairly new to the forum, but I have had my 2005+ 4x4 LE Pathy of over 2 years now.
We love to go 4wheeling always looking for 4x trails. We live in Southern CA but occasionally go up the coast to visit family in San Francisco. I saw the pictures you posted off the coast of California and I would love to get there.
Can you give me directions to that trail? Also, do you have other trails you can share with us in California?

Thanks!

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:29 am

That trail is "Old Coast Road", about 30-45 minutes south of Monterey on Hwy 1. It's kinda hard to describe how to find, but here's a good Google map that should show the way. It starts just on the north side of a big bridge, and then continues for about 7 miles before dumping back out onto Hwy 1 again further South.

I don't know any other good trails in the SF Bay Area, if you find any please let me know! :)

rragpaoa

Great, I'll look around for more trails

Postby rragpaoa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:39 am

Great! Thanks. I will look around for more trails as well.

I am looking for trails that are more on the moderate to fairly difficult levels. I am planning a few upgrades to, i.e suspension lift and hopefully an ARB locker when ARB gets one tested for our 2005+ Pathfinders. I know of a few in the San Bernandino areas as well as in the Sierras, but I need others to go with me since this new model hasn't really been tested on some of the tough stuff. I believe it is up to snuff since I have tried it on some fairly tough trails here in in Southern California.

I will post some pics of some trails I have travelled here in the San Diego area. Only issues are ground clearance, and no locker.

Thanks again.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Well, since you're in SoCal, I would aim for Joshua Tree and Death Valley and adjacent BLM territories. I've had great fun exploring around those old desert mining ghost towns and such...

There's also specific off-road parks, the closest one up here is Hollister Hills. I've never been, but it's on the to-do list. http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=404

Return to “Northwest US”