NEVER will buy another Nissan - Vent/Rant - Radiator Tranny

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

2006R51MD
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

NEVER will buy another Nissan - Vent/Rant - Radiator Tranny

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

So ... I was having issues with my 06 Path. Took it to the local shop (not dealership). Told them the issues I was having and the history with the radiator and tranny. They looked and the fluid was "milky" and had a "funny smell". So they replaced the radiator and flushed the tranny and radiator.

Drove it out of the shop and issues are still happening. I do a little research online and see that Nissan is covering the radiator and tranny on my truck up to 80K...I am at 79K.

Take it into the Nissan Dealership. They said that there is a definite failure in the tranny. BUT...BUT...since I just had the radiator replaced by a NON Nissan shop that Nissan will NOT cover the tranny replacement.

Sorry for the rant and venting. As much as I do love the truck I will never buy another one just for the way that the nissan people (not dealership) have handled this situation.


User avatar
eieio
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 am
Location: Prescott, Az.

Re: NEVER will buy another Nissan - Vent/Rant - Radiator Tra

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:03 am

2006R51MD wrote: As much as I do love the truck I will never buy another one just for the way that the nissan people (not dealership) have handled this situation.
the dealership may be incorrect :shock: :o :roll:
as you are still within the extended warranty period, i suggest that you get all of your ducks lined up (documentation) and contact Nissan directly and explain the situation
until you hear refusal directly from Nissan, it may not be prudent to assume that you do not have warranty consideration due from them
dealerships typically try to avoid warranty repairs, and this may have been a weak attempt at doing so :wink:

2006R51MD
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: NEVER will buy another Nissan - Vent/Rant - Radiator Tra

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 am

eieio wrote:
2006R51MD wrote: As much as I do love the truck I will never buy another one just for the way that the nissan people (not dealership) have handled this situation.
the dealership may be incorrect :shock: :o :roll:
as you are still within the extended warranty period, i suggest that you get all of your ducks lined up (documentation) and contact Nissan directly and explain the situation
until you hear refusal directly from Nissan, it may not be prudent to assume that you do not have warranty consideration due from them
dealerships typically try to avoid warranty repairs, and this may have been a weak attempt at doing so :wink:
I have been dealing with Nissan direct (Consumer affairs) 800-867-7669. They are telling me the same song.

I don't know who else to call or what else to do.

2006R51MD
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:20 am

I AM under the 80,000 miles and within the the warranty period. BUT since the shop that replaced the radiator wasnt Nissan, it voids the warranty.

User avatar
mar1
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:08 am
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Postby mar1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:26 am

with all due respect, but Nissan do have a point. i understand ur anger and im not defending them, but they do make it very clear that aftermarket parts void warranty.

what you can do is put back the original radiator and take it to them.

i had my complete engine replaced even though i had an aftermarket intake installed.
when they refused to fix, i just popped the original back in and they replaced it no questions asked.

User avatar
eieio
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 am
Location: Prescott, Az.

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 am

2006R51MD wrote:I AM under the 80,000 miles and within the the warranty period. BUT since the shop that replaced the radiator wasnt Nissan, it voids the warranty.
that is unfortunate.........
i just reviewed the FAQs (FAQ #15) on Nissanassist and it does kind of leave you out in the cold
did you take it to the dealership back in June, when you first started experiencing symptoms?

skinny2
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: BFE, Ohio

Postby skinny2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 am

2006R51MD wrote:I AM under the 80,000 miles and within the the warranty period. BUT since the shop that replaced the radiator wasnt Nissan, it voids the warranty.
Nope. It sounds as though the radiator was replaced quite recently? You should be able to request Nissan pay for that repair as well. There should be a clause in the warranty to remedy repairs made by a non-dealer. Additionally you can use aftermarket parts and the burden of proof is on them to show that non-OEM part caused the failure. Given that you weren't aware of the warranty....you have a great case. Either way between the $$ you have in radiator plus potential cost of repairing tranny....certainly seems like it's worth some legal bills if necessary.

NYPathfinder
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 am

Re: NEVER will buy another Nissan - Vent/Rant - Radiator Tra

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm

2006R51MD wrote:So ... I was having issues with my 06 Path. Took it to the local shop (not dealership). Told them the issues I was having and the history with the radiator and tranny. They looked and the fluid was "milky" and had a "funny smell". So they replaced the radiator and flushed the tranny and radiator.

Drove it out of the shop and issues are still happening. I do a little research online and see that Nissan is covering the radiator and tranny on my truck up to 80K...I am at 79K.

Take it into the Nissan Dealership. They said that there is a definite failure in the tranny. BUT...BUT...since I just had the radiator replaced by a NON Nissan shop that Nissan will NOT cover the tranny replacement.

Sorry for the rant and venting. As much as I do love the truck I will never buy another one just for the way that the nissan people (not dealership) have handled this situation.
Knowing what you knew about the tranny/radiator issues the second the non nissan shop said what was wrong with the fluid why would't you take it directly to nissan especially if your still under warranty.

User avatar
found
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 am

Postby found » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

take it back to the shop you got the work at and have them put the old radiator back in. ;-)

2006R51MD
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Small update - contacted an attorney who has handled numerous cases with Nissan and GM in the past. I called Nissan back to ask them for "proof that they sent ME notice that this was still under warranty". When asked why I wanted that I informed them of the situation. Now they are starting to communicate and not blow me off like they have been. They need proof that the radiator was replaced and fluids were flushed by the "other shop" and also a "work order" from the Nissan dealer that gave me the estimate today. Hopefully something positive will come out of this.

Found- They do not have the old one to put back on

NYPath - I did NOT know that the warranty was extended on this until AFTER I had the radiator replaced and problems were still there.

Thanks for all of the input

User avatar
found
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 am

Postby found » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:56 pm

It sounds like your getting somewhere...:-)

User avatar
remyek
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Postby remyek » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:09 am

Lol, this is the same with Nissan here in Norway. They generally suck at customer service and will do anything to argue them selfs out of a warranty issue. Thats why I NEVER will buy a Nissan in my life time again. One time misstake. Next car is a Toyota Landcruiser LC150 with 37inch arctic trucks build.

skinny2
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: BFE, Ohio

Postby skinny2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 am

remyek wrote:Lol, this is the same with Nissan here in Norway. They generally suck at customer service and will do anything to argue them selfs out of a warranty issue. Thats why I NEVER will buy a Nissan in my life time again. One time misstake. Next car is a Toyota Landcruiser LC150 with 37inch arctic trucks build.
How does VW treat customers there? They're horrible here...just wondering since VW is very popular in Europe but not here. Actually Toyota is amoung the worst here as well....luckily they tend to not need a lot of service. If you get a bad one...you're doomed. My Nissan dealer here seems ok...at least they haven't tried to sell me a million bucks worth of service like the Toyota shop. In fact they talked me out of doing several items I was asking about.

User avatar
remyek
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Postby remyek » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 pm

skinny2 wrote:
remyek wrote:Lol, this is the same with Nissan here in Norway. They generally suck at customer service and will do anything to argue them selfs out of a warranty issue. Thats why I NEVER will buy a Nissan in my life time again. One time misstake. Next car is a Toyota Landcruiser LC150 with 37inch arctic trucks build.
How does VW treat customers there? They're horrible here...just wondering since VW is very popular in Europe but not here. Actually Toyota is amoung the worst here as well....luckily they tend to not need a lot of service. If you get a bad one...you're doomed. My Nissan dealer here seems ok...at least they haven't tried to sell me a million bucks worth of service like the Toyota shop. In fact they talked me out of doing several items I was asking about.
Had many Audi´s and never had an issue due to waranty. Even after I went to Nürburgring and drove like a madman and blew up something in the engine (the car was tuned as well). No issues, warranty, we fix. I love audi. VW is the same as Audi. Had Golf and Passat in the past, no issues there either. The passat 2.0TDI DSG was tuned and the gearbox broke. Changed it without questions. Nissa, Go f$"" you self. Hate them, and thereby hate the car. Just test drived the new lc150 landcruiser 37inch arctic truck again today. Absolutly FANTASTIC to drive. LOVE it.

Look at that amazing car beside my pathfinder :D

Image

2006R51MD
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Postby 2006R51MD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Sick looking trucks there!!!





Does anyone know when Nissan issued the warranty extension??? I can't seem to find a date anywhere.


Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”