Help?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

pandarturo88

Help?

Postby pandarturo88 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Hey guys, This might have already beenn posted but I'm going to be deploying in the next couiple days and I should have asked this earlier but I've got to pack and do a bunch of other crap. Anyways my question is, should I let my wife take the path every once in a while to go grocery shopping,(I cringe at the thought because of her driving abilities) or, should i jsut unplug the battery and let it sit there for seven months. any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jesse

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm

I would just trust her, thats me. But if you really feel like you cant, i would put a battery tender on it instead of unhooking it. They cost like $40 and would help keep the battery good.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm currently deployed and have that situation with my Jeep. I say let her drive it once a week. The fluids need to be kept moving through the vehicle. Sitting for 6 months to 1 year will be very hard/bad on seals/gaskeets. You might have alot more work cut out for you if the vehicle is not driven for a long time.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Well I guess I should just let her drive it.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 pm

I think you will be better off. IF she's like my wife she didn't end up driving it every week. But it has been driven enough.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

volvite wrote:I'm currently deployed and have that situation with my Jeep. I say let her drive it once a week. The fluids need to be kept moving through the vehicle. Sitting for 6 months to 1 year will be very hard/bad on seals/gaskeets. You might have alot more work cut out for you if the vehicle is not driven for a long time.
+1

your seals, etc will start drying up if you let it sit for extended periods of time. not saying that they are going to fail in 6 mo, but it will be better to drive it once a week.

~mike

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:12 pm

not to go into your personal life, but she'll be much safer in the pathy as compared to a smaller car.

cars are always replaceable if godforbid anything happens

Return to “General Automotive”