08 Back window

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

08 Back window

Postby volvite » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 pm

All,

I've had my 08 since Mar 2011. Everything works great. I've been deployed since then and now about 2 weeks ago my wife said the back window won't open. Is there some kind of locking mechanism that she might have triggered. (Some cars had a button in the glove box that won't allow the trunk to open) Not being there and able to look at it myself, just trying to see if you guys know anything. All the doors are unlocked and she can't open the window. Thanks.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:43 pm

the window will sometimes stick to the rubber gasket/weatherstripping making it more difficult to open.

if you pull the release handle on the outside of the door, you should hear the window latch mechanism pop. as long as you know that the window latch mechanism has released, you should be able to lift the window. there are no other locking mechanisms for the glass.

~mike

asgard

Postby asgard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:23 pm

These latches are cable operated so no solenoids to bother about.

dawgn86

Re: 08 Back window

Postby dawgn86 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:10 am

volvite wrote:All,

I've had my 08 since Mar 2011. Everything works great. I've been deployed since then and now about 2 weeks ago my wife said the back window won't open. Is there some kind of locking mechanism that she might have triggered. (Some cars had a button in the glove box that won't allow the trunk to open) Not being there and able to look at it myself, just trying to see if you guys know anything. All the doors are unlocked and she can't open the window. Thanks.
volv...not sure on the 08, but my 06 has a seperate smaller latch to open the window..my wife told me same thing after we bought it. Big latch for the hatch and smaller one just for the glass.

Thanks for your service to our country!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Yea she can still open the main hatch and tells me she has tried opening just the window hatch but it won't open. I'm not too worried about it. I'll be home in 2 months and I should be able to find out the real situation.

Thanks for the input guys.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”