Replacing battery - do I need to provide constant power?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Shenanigans

Replacing battery - do I need to provide constant power?

Postby Shenanigans » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

I'm going to replace the battery, but I'm not sure if I need to provide constant 12v power to my '07 Pathfinder. When I had a Parrot phone system installed, they disconnected the battery and the airbag light came on due to the loss of computer programming.

In that case, I suspect the battery was disconnected for about an hour. My battery swap will only take a few minutes - can the Pathfinder tolerate a few minutes of power loss without losing the computer programming?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 am

i changed my battery and all i had to do was set reset the clock.

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

disconnecting the batt never turns on the airbag light. I bet $100 they forgot to plug the indicator back in on the center console before the turned the key on after the install. You may have the VDC/slip light on after the battery. No biggie. Just drive a bit, it'll go out. You'll also have to reset your clock and radio presets as well as sometimes the auto-up stop on your windows. Avoid the battery savers, more harm than good.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Tech wrote:disconnecting the batt never turns on the airbag light. I bet $100 they forgot to plug the indicator back in on the center console before the turned the key on after the install. You may have the VDC/slip light on after the battery. No biggie. Just drive a bit, it'll go out. You'll also have to reset your clock and radio presets as well as sometimes the auto-up stop on your windows. Avoid the battery savers, more harm than good.
+1

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Tech wrote: You'll also have to reset your clock and radio presets as well as sometimes the auto-up stop on your windows.
how does one reset the auto-up stop for the windows?
thanks! :)

gkb62001

Postby gkb62001 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:01 pm

eieio wrote:
Tech wrote: You'll also have to reset your clock and radio presets as well as sometimes the auto-up stop on your windows.
I was wondering the same.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:13 pm

eieio wrote:
Run the window down and keep holding the switch down for 8 seconds then roll it up and keep holding the switch up for 8 seconds.

lasvegas99

Battery Swap - VDC/Slip light on

Postby lasvegas99 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Tech wrote: You may have the VDC/slip light on after the battery. No biggie. Just drive a bit, it'll go out. You'll also have to reset your clock and radio presets as well as sometimes the auto-up stop on your windows. Avoid the battery savers, more harm than good.
I just changed the battery and only had to reset the radio. VDC and Slip light are still on after about 30 miles. Will edit post once it goes away with how many miles it took.

Tech

Postby Tech » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Should be out already. Make sure to make all kinds of turns, try doing a cul-de-sac. Usually turns off within a few

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”