07 brake light problem

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

scagle

07 brake light problem

Postby scagle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:06 pm

I've got a 2007 Pathfinder in which the brake lights are not working. I've checked both the fuse in the fuse panel and the brake light switch with a multi meter and both of these are fine. It got to dark for me to pull the tail lights off tonight to check and see if power is getting back there. Is there anything else that anyone can think of to check on this issue?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Have you checked the bulbs? Is the high mount/third brake light working? Very unsual that all 3 would burn out, so it sounds like a possible bad ground wire.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:59 am

I've had loose connection problems with both my side brake lights. Bought bulbs both times, went to go change it, and as soon as I started moving it around, they started working.

My suspicion is corrosion, I removed the bulb, it wasn't burnt out, and when I put the old bulb back in, all was working fine.

Haven't had a problem since.

Not sure on the high mount, those are usually don't go out.

t

Tech

Postby Tech » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

you have broken wires in the corregated tube between the body and the hatch. Pop out the end of the tube and tug on the wires. Do one side then the other. Dont cut the tube to do the repair. Also solder and shrink tube does a far better job than stupid butt connectors. It's also thinner. stagger your repairs if more than one wire broken (check your wiper, latches, etc before you take it apart so you know). Try to keep the repairs short, as repairs are more rigid and encourage breakage if too long.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”