HID Retrofit in progress...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

goblue90

HID Retrofit in progress...

Postby goblue90 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Okay, as I noted in a different thread, I'm currently performing an HID retrofit using parts I purchased from theretrofitsource.com. Here are some pictures of the right headlamp before I put it back in the plastic cover:

I'll do a write up and will post "in progress" pictures as I start working on the left head light assembly soon. Oh, the black I used is rustoleum plastic paint (found at THD) and the grayish color is Rustoleum high-temperature BBQ grill paint (also found at THD) which is also a perfect match for the Pathfinder frame.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 am

looks good so far.I've wanted to do this for a long time but its a bit out of my league. What kind of projectors are you using?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 am

Nice. I will be watching this.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Fri May 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Looking good I like they way they look!

Memphis

Postby Memphis » Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm

I did a retro in mine to.. I used the FX35 projectors in mine.... It turned out pretty good.. Your gonna love doing having these.. Just make sure you get it sealed up good and tight.. Ive had mine done for 3yrs now and I just noticed this past few months that I have moisture in my headlights now.. So I need to take them apart and reseal them..

CRXguy

Postby CRXguy » Sat May 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Memphis wrote:I did a retro in mine to.. I used the FX35 projectors in mine.... It turned out pretty good.. Your gonna love doing having these.. Just make sure you get it sealed up good and tight.. Ive had mine done for 3yrs now and I just noticed this past few months that I have moisture in my headlights now.. So I need to take them apart and reseal them..
Are these the FX-R projectors? My uncle has these in his '06 Tundra and they look really big, but his headlights are pretty big so there was lots of room to work with. Is it a tight fit in the Pathfinder? That's what I want to do, or if space is limited, go with the TSX or Mini projectors.

Pics would be great if you have some.

Cheers.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:14 pm

CRXguy wrote:
Memphis wrote:I did a retro in mine to.. I used the FX35 projectors in mine.... It turned out pretty good.. Your gonna love doing having these.. Just make sure you get it sealed up good and tight.. Ive had mine done for 3yrs now and I just noticed this past few months that I have moisture in my headlights now.. So I need to take them apart and reseal them..
Are these the FX-R projectors? My uncle has these in his '06 Tundra and they look really big, but his headlights are pretty big so there was lots of room to work with. Is it a tight fit in the Pathfinder? That's what I want to do, or if space is limited, go with the TSX or Mini projectors.

Pics would be great if you have some.

Cheers.
Yes, they're the FX-R projectors. Go with the morimoto minis! Don't get me wrong, I love the FX-Rs, but it's been a big effort modifying the reflectors to get the projectors to fit. I'll post pics in the near future.

NYCPathV8LE

Re: HID Retrofit in progress...

Postby NYCPathV8LE » Sun May 15, 2011 7:42 am

goblue90 wrote:Okay, as I noted in a different thread, I'm currently performing an HID retrofit using parts I purchased from theretrofitsource.com. Here are some pictures of the right headlamp before I put it back in the plastic cover:
-
I'll do a write up and will post "in progress" pictures as I start working on the left head light assembly soon. Oh, the black I used is rustoleum plastic paint (found at THD) and the grayish color is Rustoleum high-temperature BBQ grill paint (also found at THD) which is also a perfect match for the Pathfinder frame.

Holy crap, that's looking gorgeous so far. Can't wait to see the rest of the build and the finished result.

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Any updated pics with lights installed on your pathfinder?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm

05pathyse wrote:Any updated pics with lights installed on your pathfinder?
Agreed!!!!

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:34 am

as usual you take it up a notch.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 am

Hahaha, thanks Jahblessings...

Unfortunately I haven't completed this project and will save it as a winter project. I had to turn my attention to home projects and modding another vehicle I acquired during the summer. I'll definitely update this thread when I'm done. Stay tuned...

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:24 pm

goblue90 wrote:Hahaha, thanks Jahblessings...

Unfortunately I haven't completed this project and will save it as a winter project. I had to turn my attention to home projects and modding another vehicle I acquired during the summer. I'll definitely update this thread when I'm done. Stay tuned...
Will do!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm

goblue90 wrote: I'll definitely update this thread when I'm done. Stay tuned...
Install pics, list of parts, before & after pics, cutoff pics, etc. I'd love to do this myself, but it just seems like such a huge PITA. The carid projectors I've been running are far better than stock, but far from what I would call exceptional. I'm thinking a retrofit is about the only solution left. Aside from a few places back east, who want more than $500 to retrofit, I can't seem to find anyone a bit more west coast and/or cheaper.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I agree about doing this. I have yet to find any aftermarket headlamps with projectors for 2008 and up pathfinders. The only opition is the retrofit but don't want to destroy my headlamps and have to buy another set of OEM headlamps when I mess up.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”