wind noise with rear window down.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

rtcaravan

wind noise with rear window down.

Postby rtcaravan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:57 pm

does anyone have this problem when only one rear window is down? when i put one rear window down it sounds like i have a helicopter in my pathfinder. when i put a front window down or just crack it with the rear down it goes away. any know fixes?

nutbar78

Re: wind noise with rear window down.

Postby nutbar78 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:33 pm

rtcaravan wrote:does anyone have this problem when only one rear window is down? when i put one rear window down it sounds like i have a helicopter in my pathfinder. when i put a front window down or just crack it with the rear down it goes away. any know fixes?
No fixes except what your doing. It's wind buffeting and you have to open another to decrease the pressure I think.

rtcaravan

Postby rtcaravan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 pm

thats what i was afraid of. do the vent visors help at all ?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Not sure on the side windows, but I do know that the vent visor for the sunroof helps.

yeziam

Postby yeziam » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 pm

This happens on a lot of vehicles, especially SUVs and wagons. In fact, I recall being at the Nissan dealership when I bought my Pathfinder and a Cube had a warning sticker regarding wind buffeting with the rear windows down. I've experienced the same thing in everything from my Pathfinder to a brand new Range Rover to an old Isuzu.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: wind noise with rear window down.

Postby NVSteve » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am

rtcaravan wrote:it sounds like i have a helicopter in my pathfinder.
:lol: :lol: Exactly what I thought the first time it happened to me, although I can't remember if it was just one window down or what. In any case, it was like a helicopter sitting on top of a huge (concert size) bass speaker. Almost made me physically ill. If I need fresh air, I only open the sunroof now.

rtcaravan

Postby rtcaravan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:31 pm

this is the first vehicle that this has ever done this to me. i have many wagons and suv's and none of them ever did that. i might have to try to figure out how to fix this problem. maybe pressure release vents like my hardbody had.

yeziam

Postby yeziam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:31 pm

rtcaravan wrote:this is the first vehicle that this has ever done this to me. i have many wagons and suv's and none of them ever did that. i might have to try to figure out how to fix this problem. maybe pressure release vents like my hardbody had.
It's not the vehicle, it's physics. A quick google search will show that every vehicle is indeed capable of doing this, albeit some worse than others.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”