Huge Odometer discrepancy with Trip Computer

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

xdavidx

Huge Odometer discrepancy with Trip Computer

Postby xdavidx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 am

A few months ago I purchased a used 2008 PathFinder LE with 27k miles that was off of a lease. Yesterday I was messing around with the touchscreen and looked at the trip computer for the first time. It looks like the first owner of the car turned it on, but never reset it. According to the trip computer the car has 58k miles on.

Is there any reason why there would be such a huge difference? Is it possible the dealer, or the leaser who owned the car before me, rolled back the odometer?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi and welcome to the club.

i would trust the trip computer way more than the odometer.
we got shops here that charge as low as $15 to have any odometer reading you want, no matter how fancy the car electronics are.

maybe the owner never bothered to check the screen, or never knew about it. confront him and demand some explanation.

also since its only 27K (or 58K whatever), there should be a service history available? im guessing 2008 is maybe just out of warranty, so Nissan may have a record or the services. give em a visit and let them check the VIN on the system.

in any ways, good luck

xdavidx

Postby xdavidx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

thanks for the advice. I actually got the car from a Nissan dealer and its a Nissan CPO.

Im gonna check to see if there is any service history that can help me prove my case.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 am

Good thing it's a CPO. That would make me question the dealership that they did not follow up on the odometer.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”