Tranny whining...maybe?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

Tranny whining...maybe?

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:11 am

Morning gang..

I noted with the colder weather (or lack of iPod being on*) that I've got a bit of tranny whine that I'm not sure I had all along. I've got 94k on the '08 V6 already, and I occasionally tow my quads (enclosed 12ft v-nose, 3000lbs fully loaded if that.) I will say that I'm probably a ratchet shifter junkie though, especially when slowing down while towing... but I drive it like a little old lady when towing, and a [CENSORED] maniac when I'm not.... seriously, the 'stop-light Gran Prix' is alive and well with this one.... ok not really.....mmmmm ok maybe a little..... :roll:

It increases and decreases with RPMS, it's not loud, but enough to make me notice..... Could it be something simple like low on fluid? Had it at the dealer recently for some TLC and they noted nothing out of the oridinary...but I dont know.... somethings there.

Happens when cold, (and we recently had some snow already :shock: ) and now that I've heard it, I rarely switch on the iPod until it goes away...maybe 10 minutes of driving? PS: My most recent mod was the STILLEN INTAKE (and some Hella Horns, but duh) which has performed flawlessly, even the filter stays cleaner now.... could it be that? To me it sounds too "mechanical"....

MM

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 am

Could be fluid level related - easy to check for (see level checking instructions in Service Manual - 3rd "sticky" @ top of forum).
About the only transmission related problem we see is the coolant contamination from failed radiator syndrome - also easy to check for.
Possibly a U-joint?

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 am

A whiny u-joint??? I dunno about that one.... but hey, stranger things have happened....

As for fluid check, will do, and soon...
Thx

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Mr Mayor wrote:A whiny u-joint??? I dunno about that one.... but hey, stranger things have happened....

As for fluid check, will do, and soon...
Thx
internal transmission cooler by-passed?

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 am

eieio wrote: internal transmission cooler by-passed?
No sir it is not....

But, btw, why does everyone do this exactly?

MM

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 am

Mr Mayor wrote:
eieio wrote: internal transmission cooler by-passed?
No sir it is not....

But, btw, why does everyone do this exactly?

MM
here's something you should be aware of.........
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ion+cooler

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”