LED roof lights install

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

HillbillyJake

LED roof lights install

Postby HillbillyJake » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:07 pm

I bought a loadwarrior basket a couple years back and finally got around to putting the lights on it.

First I took 2 pieces of 1/8x1x1 alum angle and riveted them together back to back making a tee and riveted them to the front and rear lower horizontal tubes.

That gave me a lip on the front and back to mount the lights to. 4 LED's in the front and 2 work lights in the rear. I have 2 LED's for the rear that i will swap out later.

Mounted

lit up

High beams only

the trailers are about 200 feet away

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Crazy Bright.

mtcoastie

Postby mtcoastie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 am

That looks great, good work with the riveting! I have a load warrior and have been wanting to do the same thing to mine for about 5 years now. My only problem with doing it is figuring out how to route the wires. How did you do it?

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 am

I ran all the wiring in wire loom. I put a fuse right on the battery and followed the factory harness to the front driver side of the firewall. There is a small black plug that I poked a 3/16 hole in. That wire was a 10ga. Once inside under the dash I connected that to 2 16ga wires to run to the switches. I grounded everything to a plate under the dash. From there I pulled the trim on the driver side and followed the factory harness to the rear of the truck. When you open the rear hatch there is the rubber boot that the wires run in to go from the truck to the door. I poked the wires out of there. There are 4 of them. On the roof I put plugs so if I take the rack off I do not have to cut any wires. From there I ran the wires on the back side of the roof rack to the basket.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Can you give us some details on the lights? Brand, where you bought them, etc.? Thanks! BTW, they look great!

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:15 am

The two inside are made by Grote and are 1000 lumen. The outside two are made by Truck-lite and are 750 lumen. I work for a trailer dealership so I bought them thru work. They are work lights for a tractor trailer so you can get them at any tractor or trailer dealership. Most auto parts stores that deal with heavy trucks like NAPA can order them also.

BigEz

Re: LED roof lights install

Postby BigEz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:22 am

HillbillyJake wrote:I bought a loadwarrior basket a couple years back and finally got around to putting the lights on it.
I know this is an older post, but thanks for this idea.

ps359

Postby ps359 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 pm

[color=#000000]More[/color] wrote:The two inside are made by Grote and are 1000 lumen. The outside two are made by Truck-lite and are 750 lumen. I work for a trailer dealership so I bought them thru work. They are work lights for a tractor trailer so you can get them at any tractor or trailer dealership. Most auto parts stores that deal with heavy trucks like NAPA can order them also.
LED lights enhance the look of the car so much. About how long did the entire process take you?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”