2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:13 pm

That last picture looks nothing like the current pathfinder.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:12 am

What the hell is that thing!!! If this is what Nissan thinks is gonna be the next pathfinder then im gonna go Toyota and not look back..They seem to be the only ppl still making manly trucks..The only thing Nissan has going for it now is the old shape Nissan Patrol which thank goodness we can still buy,,even the new one looks all sissied up comapred to the previous..

We love the current pathy so much that we bought a 10' X Off Road as well..
The traffic in our area is so bad sometimes that we kinda cut through some sand dunes to avoid it,,yesterday we just passed a crossover cr-v stuck on a sand dune we jsut crossed..and just to think that the new pathy is gonna be one of those crappy crossovers makes me puke!!!

I doubt nissan ever goes through these forums cos if they did they'd know there are too many bloody crossovers out there!! Sorry just venting.. :D

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 am

volvite wrote:That last picture looks nothing like the current pathfinder.
Which is typical for a full redesign. Platform change and all...the PF as we know it will cease to be. Might as well buy a Rogue :shock:

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 am

Lucky for me I just bought mine and will probably have it for the next 10 years. But what then? Maybe they will revert back to truck frame like they did the last time.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks for posting that large pic-made me taste the vomit in the back of my throat. This idiot's statement, who probably happens to be a soccer mom in disguise, annoyed me the most:
Either way, whatever Nissan has planned for the new Pathfinder will surely be better than the aging, Titan-based model that's currently on sale.
I agree the R51 has been around long enough, but after seeing the spyshots, how could someone really think they look better than the current R51, especially if that same person is involved in the automotive world to some extent? Seriously, how can someone honestly say that when the Pathfinder is currently unique in the SUV world? The very last thing I would think anybody would want is lack of personality. Yeah, let's just blend in with all the other station wagons with the SUV label. :roll: Did all the "brains" at Nissan just go "F*** it, let's give all of our sales to Toyota (4 Runner)?"

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

ok.. putting aside that this may replace the Pathfinder, it does actually look like a nice car if you liked this type.

but what really pisses me off is that the lineup for body-on-frame:

Nissan:
1- Xterra
2 - Armada

Toyota:
1 - Land cruiser
2 - prado
3 - FJ
4 - 4-runner
5 - Fortuner

:roll:

pathology

Postby pathology » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Those pictures look like this, whatever this is.

http://worldfastcars.com/wp-content/upl ... 50x297.jpg

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 pm

mar1 wrote:ok.. putting aside that this may replace the Pathfinder, it does actually look like a nice car if you liked this type.

but what really pisses me off is that the lineup for body-on-frame:

Nissan:
1- Xterra
2 - Armada

Toyota:
1 - Land cruiser
2 - prado
3 - FJ
4 - 4-runner
5 - Fortuner

:roll:
Yeh i know mate thats what pisses me off as well..The only thing i like from that line up of toyota is the cruiser..
the prado blahhh every middle aged man dreams of one for its resale,,FJ cruiser blehh again good vehcile but looks like a toy,,
fortuner ppl will say all sorts of stuff,,but i hate it!! the most wobbly thing ive ever been in apart from the 1st generation prado..4runner no idea never been in one..

Whats wrong with the "brains" at nissan..Toyota just continues to improve on their body on frame vehicles,,What the hell is Nissan doing!! Their 4x4 were some of the toughest out there going head to head with toyota..These days everything is just getting pussified!!!
What about the ppl in Africa??Australia??middle east, parts of Europe!! PPl who actually use their vehicles for what its made!!
If it were me,,i'd simply give it better interior materials, increase the rear leg room, and give it more clearance..and may be direct injection the 4.0 to increase fuel economy..
You brains at Nissan better be seeing this!!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 am

I'm sure it's all marketing. Obviously the three row mid-size SUV is not desirable or more manufacturers would offer them and the ones that do are not flying off the shelves. The families that need the room will just go up to a full-size and the off-road crowd will just go down to the Xterra (if it continues). We're obviously an odd lot here...the Pathfinder is not a popular vehicle by any stretch these days. Granted it's an aging design but it's not THAT far from the newest REAL SUV's on the market. I mean, the Rogue outsells the Pathfinder by a 5-1 margin. The Murano and JUKE outsell the Pathfinder by at least 2-1. The crazy part is the Pathfinder outsells the Xterra by a wide margin....so who wants to guess how long before that disappears?

And that's just keeping it in the Nissan family. Honda sold 4x as many Pilots and 10x as many CRV's....and the Pilot is considered a complete dud right now for Honda. Even the 4Runner isn't a big seller by any stretch. It outsells the Pathfinder by a 2-1 margin but is also outsold by the Highlander and RAV4 several multiples.

If there were a few mild updates to the current PF I might spring for another one. But considering they're pretty much identical...I'll just keep mine rolling.

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 am

I don't buy new cars anyway. So, If I can get a low mileage, 2012 Pathfinder in 2016, I'll be happy.
:wink:

But...that'll be my last Nissan.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:05 am

pathology wrote:Those pictures look like this, whatever this is.

http://worldfastcars.com/wp-content/upl ... 50x297.jpg
Looks like a Subaru to me.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:13 am

coom1986 wrote:4runner no idea never been in one..
They've always been rock solid vehicles, very comparable to the Pathfinder. I'm not a fan of the new design though, and haven't researched what the owners are saying about it. I might have to.
These days everything is just getting pussified!!!
That's the best way of explaining the current situation & I totally agree. The SUV has been popular for the size, but it seems the majority of buyers don't need the added brawn, so now we have the damned "crossover" POS name.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 am

skinny2 wrote:Obviously the three row mid-size SUV is not desirable or more manufacturers would offer them and the ones that do are not flying off the shelves.
I guess it depends on where you live. I'm surrounded by the largest families anywhere in the US & there are lots of large/small SUVs on the road bursting at the seams with kids. :roll:
and the off-road crowd will just go down to the Xterra (if it continues). The crazy part is the Pathfinder outsells the Xterra by a wide margin....so who wants to guess how long before that disappears?
Seems like every other car around here is an X. Kind of like it use to be when there were so many (original) Volkswagen bugs on the road. If any vehicle is in dire need of a redesign, it's the X. If they do decide to dump the X altogether, that will really narrow the playing field. Options for a true 4x4 are getting fewer and fewer each year now.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:23 am

Nissan is probably trying to rid itself of its outsold and sick lines of SUV's. They are (looking at the big picture) out of date on many of their larger vehicles. I'm sure Renault (who owns Nissan) is cutting the fat for them and infusing to keep Infinity going as well.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:26 am

the X is very lightweight with a powerful engine for an offroad car, but the suspension is shit and the leafs start squeaking 2.5 seconds after u roll it out of the agency.

forgot to mention the patrol in my older post. thats still body on frame and one hell of an offroad machine. very spacy inside, as big as a tahoe or armada.

Return to “R52 General Chat”