Anyone in the Newport/Corvallis area?

Regional discussions and Get Together organization for the Northwest area.

Moderator: volvite

guinnessjim

Anyone in the Newport/Corvallis area?

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 am

Going to be moving to Newport, OR. Sad to be losing my Nissan mechanic...anyone know of a reputable one up this way?

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

sadness....no pathy luv in the newport/corvallis area?

ch139

Postby ch139 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 am

Hi,

Just joined the forum a few minutes ago to reply to your post here.

Grew up here in the valley and am on my 4th and 5th Nissans (no Pathfinder as of yet, that's why I'm here) Had a '92 2wd Hadrbody, '98 Maxima, '99 Maxima and now have an'02 Maxima and '93 4x4 Hardbody.

Grew up in Corvallis – won't use the dealership there. Live in Salem and won't use the dealership here.

I drive up to McMinville to Chuck Colvin Nissan for EVERYTHING service related! They are awesome. Its mainly a Ford dealership, but they sell and service Nissans too. I've not ever bought a vehicle from them (just haven't had the occasion) and have also never had to use their body shop, but for service, it is well worth my time and money to drive up there. Their main Nissan mechanic (Doc) has been wrenching on Nissans (Datsuns) for decades, I think its close to thirty years now, knows his stuff and is honest and straight forward with you. The service manager and service writers are the same way. You'll always know exactly what's going on, questions are answered and you're always in the loop, they will let you know if something isn't right, but won't pressure for additional service. Want to step into the shop to check things out for yourself? Just ask, they're more than happy to have you take a look and talk to Doc while hes doing the work. I can't say enough great things about them. A quick story. The Check Engine Soon light came on in the Maxima. I took it up there, they ran the codes and it came back a sensor on a camshaft had indicated a problem. They got into it, checked everything out, checked the sensor and there wasn't a problem to be found. Reset the computer and came to apologize to me for wasting my time. Invoice said $0. AMAZING service.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:03 pm

cool. thanks a bunch, man.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 am

Hey Jim, congrats on the move! I'm guessing you must be happy getting out of Vegas? No more desert life for you, but man oh man will you ever have some serious vegetation, real trees, etc. Did you hook up with a state/fed position, or is it private?

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 pm

NVSteve wrote:Hey Jim, congrats on the move! I'm guessing you must be happy getting out of Vegas? No more desert life for you, but man oh man will you ever have some serious vegetation, real trees, etc. Did you hook up with a state/fed position, or is it private?
Thanks, man.

I am joining Rogue Ales :D...going to try to get their laboratory up and running while cross training as a production brewer (or distiller if that ends up being a better fit). Looking forward to getting up there.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 am

guinnessjim wrote:
NVSteve wrote:Hey Jim, congrats on the move! I'm guessing you must be happy getting out of Vegas? No more desert life for you, but man oh man will you ever have some serious vegetation, real trees, etc. Did you hook up with a state/fed position, or is it private?
Thanks, man.

I am joining Rogue Ales :D...going to try to get their laboratory up and running while cross training as a production brewer (or distiller if that ends up being a better fit). Looking forward to getting up there.

hot damn that sounds like a sweet gig, I'm in Portland, so advice on service guy though.

Return to “Northwest US”