Poor pathy got scratched up.

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Just_Visiting

Poor pathy got scratched up.

Postby Just_Visiting » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 am

Ouch......

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:00 am

Not yours I hope? I love how the underside is so nice and neat, without anything hanging down or poking out like on most other vehicles.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:48 am

Looks like a real gentle tip over, I wonder how he did that...

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 am

RacerZX wrote:Looks like a real gentle tip over, I wonder how he did that...
Passenger side is squished in from the impact, but much less than those NHTSA videos. I could see it tipping if he was making a tight turn & someone hit him, but I wonder if more than 1 other car was involved.

I prefer seeing these over the other photos that were posted of the mangled PF.

Just_Visiting

Postby Just_Visiting » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Yeah, it's mine. Waiting for my light to turn green. Once it did, I waited a sec to make sure everyone was gonna stop. Two of the three cars did. I heard him slam on the brakes. I could see him brace for impact. I though I was just gonna get spun around but it just kept going over. It was a gentle tip-over. Unfortunately the other driver is trying to say that I ran the light so I get to go to traffic court to prove he's a liar.....

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Just_Visiting wrote:Yeah, it's mine. Waiting for my light to turn green. Once it did, I waited a sec to make sure everyone was gonna stop. Two of the three cars did. I heard him slam on the brakes. I could see him brace for impact. I though I was just gonna get spun around but it just kept going over. It was a gentle tip-over. Unfortunately the other driver is trying to say that I ran the light so I get to go to traffic court to prove he's a liar.....
That sucks! Do the police at least have written reports from other witnesses that will back you up? Speaking of police, did you interrupt the cop (wearing the hat) from his "tagging" of the building behind him?

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Bummer. Do you have any pictures when it got flipped back over?

I hate how people won't step up to the plate when it's their fault. That seems to happen every time. I hope it all works out for you.
Last edited by 08Datsun on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 pm

That's you??!?! Dude, ouch, very sorry to hear that and very happy to hear you're okay.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:34 pm

that really sucks. hey does that mean you can get a new pathy?

Just_Visiting

Postby Just_Visiting » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 am

No new Pathy for me. Approximately $10k worth of damage and they're paying for it. Progressive insures their work as long as I own the vehicle, which won't be much longer now.

Right Side Up

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 am

Hah, it almost looks like you could just drive it home..

The other driver got the blame?

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 am

Unfortunately the other driver is trying to say that I ran the light so I get to go to traffic court to prove he's a liar.....
The other driver got the blame?
Yeah, what was the verdict?

Just_Visiting

Postby Just_Visiting » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:48 am

Found out a little while ago that my insurance company found him at fault, but his company is saying the same thing about me so it will go to arbitration. My agent says, as nicely as he could, that the other driver is a damn liar. He's trying to say that he was sitting at the red light and that when I ran the light, he struck me. So how is it that a 3-series BMW could accelerated 15 feet and strike me with enough force to roll me over? I even think I'm being generous giving him 15 feet from where he was supposedly sitting at the light before striking me. I can't wait to get him in front of the judge. I'll be out early Sunday morning taking pictures of the intersection to have even more evidence to call him a damn liar.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Are you getting rid of it because of the accident? A good body shop ought to be able to fix that thing up as good as new. Did they check the frame? I'd be shocked if it were bent given the stoutness of our frames.

Good luck with the whole insurance thing. I've been there. It sometimes takes a bit of time before someone with the decision making authority sees that they are full of it.

Just_Visiting

Postby Just_Visiting » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Yes....because of the accident. If I did get rid of it, I'd try to get either an 08 or maybe jump ship to an FX-35, but I have no issues the Pathy.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”