2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 am

mar1 wrote:
coom1986 wrote:What you guys need is this bad boy right here, a design that been around for almost 20 years and still going strong..
they are not available there
Lol..yeh i know that, actually what i meant was they need to get that Patrol over there..

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:57 am

Agreed. A Patrol would be real nice here in the states.

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am

Can it tow a 5000lb boat?

NVSteve wrote:There is some hope for at least one of the Nissan family members:
Nissan Xterra to continue as traditional SUV

Posted Jan 12th 2012 6:40PM

Nissan has good news for anyone weeping about the fact that the 2013 Pathfinder has abandoned its body-on-frame ways. The company isn't completely ditching legitimate SUVs for the crossover crowd. According to Car and Driver, the Nissan Xterra will continue to shun a unibody design for the conceivable future. The magazine spoke with engineers familiar with the development of the Xterra who said the vehicle will share its DNA with the Nissan Frontier for years to come.

That means buyers will still be able to enjoy the vehicle's truckish charm and legitimate off-road chops. Those who want something a little softer or smaller can turn to the automaker's Rogue, while the 2013 Pathfinder will now offer mall-goers a suitable alternative to the Ford Explorer. The times may be changing, but for now, the Xterra isn't.
LINK

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

The side vents(port holes) ruin the whole look. I still don't get why people want those on their vehicles. :?

Dim.

Postby Dim. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am

kelleyo wrote:Can it tow a 5000lb boat?
Easy. You could upgrade to 7000lb boat :)
I'd love to have it on NA market.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 am

kelleyo wrote:Can it tow a 5000lb boat?
The Xterra? It's rated to tow up to 5,000 lbs.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 pm

More and more sites seem to be confirming the Xterra won't be girlyfied like the Pathfinder. I hope that really ends up being true.
With the introduction of the new, car-based Nissan Pathfinder, fans of its Xterra sibling don’t need to worry that it, too, will morph into a soft crossover. Engineers for the company have confirmed that the Xterra will remain a body-on-frame truck for many years.

When the Xterra launched for 2000, it was Nissan’s entry-level ute, with the company intending to keep a fully loaded model’s price below the Pathfinder’s starting point. Since then, the Xterra’s price and features have increased, but the Frontier-based SUV has retained a rugged, truckish image and the off-road capability that go with them. Shoppers who want raised seating and five doors but not the abuse of a truck can now buy a Rogue—and they do in droves. We imagine that while a small number of hard-core off-roaders (and people who are hard-core about looking like they go off-roading) will be disappointed that the Pathfinder is no longer ready to tackle exotic locales, the Xterra should meet their needs just fine.
source

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm

More on the Pathfinder redesign:
Nissan gave us a preview of the all-new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder this month with the Pathfinder Concept at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show. The concept is basically the same thing that will show up in showrooms this fall with its new unibody platform that makes the new Pathfinder 500 pounds lighter and 25 percent more fuel efficient.

At the show Nissan didn't provide any details about what would power the new Pathfinder, but since it shares its platform with the Infiniti JX35, its pretty much been assumed that it would be powered by Nissan's 3.5L V6. Well according to Motor Trend the 2013 Pathfinder will in fact be powered by the 3.5L V6 thanks to an anonymous tip they received.

The 3.5L V6 will be the same V6 that powers the Infiniti JX35 and will be the only engine available in the Pathfinder. Nissan may retune the engine giving it a slightly different output from the 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft. that it puts out in the JX35. The V6 will be mated to a CVT.

Nissan also confirmed plans to unveil an all-new vehicle at the upcoming New York Auto Show, but it hasn't been confirmed what it will be. Maybe the all-new 2013 Altima?
source

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Makes me want to cry.

http://youtu.be/iW1bhCt_16g

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Almost every picture of the 2013 I've seen seems to show it at an angle...like they're embarrassed to show a straight on profile. I don't blame them.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 am

These are from Nissan's press kit. I was going to post smaller sizes, but it really helps getting an overall opinion using the larger pics. Note that these are just conceptual still. I wonder if the guy driving in the first pic, computer generated or not, is thinking to himself "I really hope none of my friends see me in this thing."

I absolutely detest faux wood plastic interior trim.

jrjohn77

Postby jrjohn77 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 pm

They'll need to revisit this commercial to get men to even to look at the new Pathfinder...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKO-tZGuFDg

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 am

after letting the new design sink in, im thinking there may be an excuse for Nissan to come up with it.

they have the truck based Xterra, Pathfinder, Armada, and 2 versions of the Patrol. - 5 body-on-frame SUVs

they have the Murano, Rogue, XTrail, Qashqai and recently the Juke. - 5 AWD soccer-mom style.

if may have been a logical choice to move the pathy from the first bunch to the second, when sales for the smaller category are much more targeted in todays economy, and the full lineup in usually not available in all countries.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:23 am

Mar1,

I understand your point, however I think they should have created a new vehicle to fill the void, not change a proven vehicle from one area and swap to the next. Just my 2 Cents.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

Maybe it's because it survived this type of change before that they figured they could do this with the pathfinder. I'm not a fan though... My next SUV may be a 2012 Pathfinder if I stick with Nissan.

Return to “R52 General Chat”