Ultimate Lift thread

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Any link to the lift you bought and if the seller ships to the US?

Gumby

Tough Dog Suspension & Lifts

Postby Gumby » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:16 am

Here is their home page. It says they ship worldwide.

http://www.toughdogdealer.com.au/

Good luck.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks for the link. I might have to look into the lift kit on the bottom of the page for pathfinders.

Gumby

Suspension lift upgrade Tough Dog

Postby Gumby » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:50 am

As stated I've now had 3 sets of their shocks and used their lift kits on two trucks. They are very good products in my view and experience.

strombeckj

Postby strombeckj » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm

BattleWagon wrote:
Sfinx wrote:Well my car is lifted 2.5" on the suspension.. I dont want body lift only to fit tires. I have new tires - 33" and they fit without no problem with the lift I have now.

The main wish for a body lift is to get the body higher off the ground.. So it clears out of obsticals when offroading. More clearing when driving over big rocks and other obsticals that can hurt the chassie.. Not only that. If your body gets stuck in the trail, you wont get either back or forward no matter what tires you got...

I have driven with some Land Rover guys lately and the Range Rovers and Defenders have higher clearence to the chassie.. That is truely an advantage when offroading!

You can see pictures of my car in the picture post: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... &start=165
good looking rig and I would really push the point that bumpers and sliders will do a lot more for you. Raising your COG will negatively effect your abilities off-road more than the added clearance. Removing all that plastic crap would be the real ticket. Looks like there are not a whole lot of options for the rear, removing the lower mudflaps would get you closer, about as much as a body lift.

Newbie here.

What type of bumper is in pic #3 I like the minimalest (sp) look it is giving off.

Also for those of you running Radflo fronts and OME HD rears have you had any problems?

Thanks,

Jon

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:42 pm

I just received my rear springs from 4x4parts.com. They look like they might do the trick to get my rear end to the correct height. They are much shorter than the OME springs (about the same as OE) but much stiffer than OE. Hope they have the magic combination of length and spring rate. I'll get around to installing them when I feel motivated to put my new skid plates on.

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:04 pm

for those who have the Rancho Quick Lift.. did you install your selves or did you have someone do the install? Also did you have to get your camber bolts adjusted as well?

only1path

Postby only1path » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello everyone!

Im New to the forum, has anyone installed 285/70/17 tires with their 2-2.5 lift?

cgray

Postby cgray » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I ran across the front quick lift loaded shock this afternoon and was wondering if anyone had used these yet? Here is the link to them.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -6211.html

I am looking to get around 2" of lift out of what ever kit I choose. I am thinking of using the quicklift for the front. I am just unsure exactly how much lift to expect from the lift. I have read on this thread to expect around 2 inches. Is this accurate?

I am torn on the rear to go with the spacer OR new lift springs. With either option in the rear I will be putting on new shocks, I am thinking of the Bilstein HD at this point.

I know there are a ton of options out there. I need to replace the shocks and struts that are on the truck now, I'm at 93k and I think they are still the stock setup. If I am going to spend the money to replace them I might as well do the lift at the same time. All suggestions are welcome, Thanks for the help!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 am

cgray wrote: I am torn on the rear to go with the spacer OR new lift springs.
Remember that with a spacer, you will still be stuck with the stock suspension. My vote is with new springs. I hated my stock springs & replaced them, literally night and day.

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 am

That seems to be the right way to do it. Right now my plan is the loaded quicklift for the front and new springs and shocks for the rear. Should be able to get me the 2" lift I am looking for. I know this will be putting me at about the end of what can be brought back into alignment after the lift. Any tricks or kits out there that are better for allowing the truck to get aligned properly?

Right now I am leaning towards the 2" springs from 4x4parts and getting the rancho quicklift and 9000xl rear shocks from them as well. I have not seen to many places that really offer the lift. I am not to sure of the OME kit as they have the US disclaimer saying not to buy that for US Pathys. Anyone buy that kit lately and have any problems with it?

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:46 pm

so I'm ready to go and order my lift, but i need some help is choosing the right one i'm buying for 4x4parts.com i'm looking at the deluxe suspension package which is the rancho quick lift shocks, the rear lift coils, and rancho rs 9000's for the back. Im confused as to how just a shock is going to lift the front... my other option is the deluxe competition suspension package which is 500 bucks more, it takes away the quick lifts for the front and gives me coil over front shocks, 2'' front lift coils, and 2 aluminum spring seats..any advice would be appreciated i'd like to run 32'' or hopefully 33'' inch tires. i also plan on doing a bumper/winch set up soon as well

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 pm

The Rancho quick lift uses an adjustable spring perch on the shock body to lift your front end. It basically adds some extra preload to your front suspension.

If you plan to get a bumper and winch I'd really recommend the deluxe competition package or the PRG coilovers in the link below. The adjustable coilovers will allow you to re-lift the front end after you add all that weight. I recently added some steel skid plates to the front half of my ride and decided to add a little preload to my coilovers after about a week of driving with the added weight. I also understand that Bilstein makes 4x4parts.com's coilovers. That's good.

These ones use a Radflo damper (very very nice and fully rebuildable/serviceable/tuneable):

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-rad-600-co/

They would work great with 4x4parts.com's rear springs and some Ranchos or Bilsteins.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 pm

@ cgray

I have the OME rear springs and they are super tall. I still haven't been able to get my rear alignment right. They ride great but are too long. I've had mine for well over 3000 miles now and they haven't settled to my satisfaction. I plan to modify the coil to see if I can get the ride height I'm after. The 4x4parts.com springs may be too low for my needs but will align correctly with ease.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 am

@ iced..thanks for the info it looks like ill be going with the deluxe suspension package, what size tires do you think i'll be able to run...also they strongly recommend the deluxe package for a truck with a bumper and winch, should i wait and install everything at once?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”