Heater Issue

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Madcow

Heater Issue

Postby Madcow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:50 am

Our 2009 Pathfinder will sit in the garage warming up and when we come out 20 minutes later there is cold air coming out of the vents, as soon as we start driving warm air comes out.

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Heater Issue

Postby disallow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Madcow wrote:Our 2009 Pathfinder will sit in the garage warming up and when we come out 20 minutes later there is cold air coming out of the vents, as soon as we start driving warm air comes out.
check the coolant level.

allisojh

Postby allisojh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:32 pm

coolant level 100%

PS you better check you tranny fluid as this may be a reason for the drop in fluid level.

If your tranny fluid is clear, complete the bypass.

Fill your coolant ASAP to fix the heater issue.

SteveFinn

Postby SteveFinn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm

I have the same issue...but as best I can see (lot's of stuff in the way) I have enough coolant in the resovoir. I took off the cap and looked down into the container and tried to see where the level is according to the line....I assume the line I see is a 'max' level....but the level is right at the line. Maybe I need to try the 'burp' procedure that I saw in another post?

Citcope

Postby Citcope » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:53 pm

this issue has been covered in so many threads... all with the same answers.. :lol: I have the same problem going on right now and i am ready to take it to the dealer. I just don't have the time to diagnose the issue myself.

Clay350

Postby Clay350 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:50 am

I have the same dam issue

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm

Same. I have yet to fix this for my wife
Last edited by webmastir on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madcow

Postby Madcow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

Took the truck into the dealer to have the coolant levels looked at and they say the coolant is fine.

Does anyone know what we should have them look at to get and idea what is causing this?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:51 pm

any dealer worth his salt should be able to figure this out. Another poster had a similar issue, ended up being air bubbles in his rear heater lines. Opening the rad cap with the engine running while the front wheels are on ramps seems to help this.

t

basemodel

Postby basemodel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

am i the only one concerned that the truck is running for 20 minutes in the garage?

familytruckster

Lisle spill free funnel fitment

Postby familytruckster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 pm

I have this same issue, so I bought the spill free funnel to burp the Pathy but none of the attachments seem to fit snug enough to stop radiator fluid from spilling out with positive pressure.

Have any of you used this funnel with an '06? Did you have to create a spacer to make it seat better? This is my project this weekend, just wishing the funnel would have worked out of the box...

rockfishin

heater issue too

Postby rockfishin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

I have the same issue with my truck as well. Its funny, while driving around town, I have to turn down the temp to 65 just so we dont sweat our juevos off. on a nice cold morning with frost on the windows, I would start the car and let it sit to warm up with the fan blowing. when I get into the car, the air is cold and the window is still fogged up. but as soon as I leave the driveway and get the rpm's up the heat comes too. Weird right? well I took it to the dealer and told them what the situation was and exactly how i wrote here, they had it for a day and told me the temp is dead on with the setting for them. they said they had it set up to 90 and it worked fine for them. i havent had the chance to try that yet, because i am impatient and dont like to sit there and hold the electronic temp adjuster to go that high. seems to me that if i am driving around set at 70 and it is almost too much to handle, wouldnt it be the same for the car to sit and warm up too?

anyway, It is the same old same old thing when you take your car to the mechanic, it doesnt act up like it does for you at home.

But i do love my '06 pathfinder, I am just now coming across cool things that i can do to it. the 7-pin harness and the airlift 1000 kit is my next project for this spring. we towed a rather heavy pop-up trailer with electric breaks with my tacoma last year but it was cramped, so we want to do the same this year with the pathfinder instead.

can't wait to put some of the nice things on it that i have seen on this message board.

daxnizmo

Postby daxnizmo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 am

webmastir wrote:Same. I have yet to fix this for my wife
LOL, same here. Yes another older thread bumped as my wife's Pathy is doing this. I'll check the coolant level as suggested. I asked WebMD and it said I have AIDS. Weird? :wink:

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 am

Since I purchased my used 08 LE, I have an issue with the rear heat.
The front is fine, the heat comes twice as fast since I have Electric Fans now.
But my rear system only works when you drive, when you stop and idle no heat at all. I figured it has something to do with the lenght of how far the antifreeze has to travel to get to the rear heating core.
looks like the water pump pressure is not as storng on idle to do the job.
Thats my 2 cents. When I spoke with my friend service manager he tells me they are all like that??

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:32 am

Mine is nice and toasty all the time. Burp the lines! Get the air out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”