Running light and passenger mirror replacement? Need tips

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Templater

Running light and passenger mirror replacement? Need tips

Postby Templater » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 pm

I have a 1999.5 4Runner...j/k a pathfinder obviously and the driver side running light is out. Turn signal works, just the running light. Anyways, I lifted the hood and took the top screw out that connects the entire light to the frame. The light unit wiggles but doesn't come out. I can't access the bulb to replace it? Any thoughts?

Also, I have a passenger side mirror that needs to be replaced. dealer quoted me 281$. Ebay has the matching OEM part for 94$. Worth buying this type of part from ebay? easy to replace? The mirror is motorized and heated. Thanks for any tips.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 pm

The lamp has a clip that holds it in along with the screw at the top of the fender that you already removed. Pull the lamp forward to disengage it; sometimes it takes a little muscle! As far as the mirror, remove the door panel and inside mirror cover, remove the three bolts and unplug the harness connector to remove the mirror. Reverse to install. Genuine Nissan mirrors and lamps are usually a better quality than the cheaper E-bay stuff. Whether that difference in quality is worth the difference in price is the decision you'll have to make.

Templater

Thanks smj999smj!

Postby Templater » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I didn't want to pull hard on the light in case there was a 2nd screw I didn't see.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”