Defrost Not Working

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

WheatBread

Defrost Not Working

Postby WheatBread » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:50 am

Yesterday we had alot of rain and our temp went from the 70's to low 40's. That created great conditions for the inside windows fogging up real bad. Well the defroster would not defrost at all. I tried cold, hot, AC on, AC off, the windshield would not defrost. The fan was blowing on the windshield, I could feel the air coming out but it refused to defrost.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Tech

Postby Tech » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm

your a/c working? Compressor clutch engages? otherwise it wont defog, regardless of fan speed. Defog = de-humidify

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Defrost Not Working

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:24 pm

WheatBread wrote:Yesterday we had alot of rain and our temp went from the 70's to low 40's. That created great conditions for the inside windows fogging up real bad. Well the defroster would not defrost at all. I tried cold, hot, AC on, AC off, the windshield would not defrost. The fan was blowing on the windshield, I could feel the air coming out but it refused to defrost.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
Listen under your dash when you start the A/C. Is there a hissing noise? That may signify you are low on refrigerant. Get it checked out, or do what I did and buy a can or 2 and the adaptor and add some if its low.

t

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”