Roof mounted lights

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

Roof mounted lights

Postby NYPathfinder » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Curious as to what people are using.I have 2 hella 500s mounted behind the grill and a Yakima roof rack with 4 6" lights mounted to it that i took off because i don't like how high they sit above the roof. Trying to come up with other ideas. Maybe mount 4 square lights using the factory bars up top.Anyone use a frontier light bar? Open to ideas or suggestions.

07-SV-650

Postby 07-SV-650 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 am

I was thinking about using one of the slim LED light bard and mounting it under the factory cross bar, I just have to measure to see if it will fit.

something like this:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-and ... _pl=103736

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:49 am

I have mine on the BullBar.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:11 am

I too am looking for some new lights. I have two Hella 500s mounted on my brush guard..

The wife however decided to pop the glass out of the light on the drivers side, so now I look Ghetto driving down the road with no glass in one light. Replacement glass is the same price as a new set of lights so I'm looking to get a new set.

I've bought some great products from ddmtuning.com before. Here is a link for their LED lights and light bars. I'm just having a hard time deciding which one I like the best.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Catego ... ATV-Marine

HydroPonix

this is what I have done

Postby HydroPonix » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8362

thats how I put my 2 10 inch leds on my roof. nice and low profile :D

here is my car

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8354

NYPathfinder

Re: this is what I have done

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:16 pm

HydroPonix wrote:www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8362

thats how I put my 2 10 inch leds on my roof. nice and low profile :D

here is my car

www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8354
what size light bar is the in the bumper opening? I have 2 Led lights behind the grill. debating between putting two more in the bumper opening or an LED light bar.
2 behind the grill. the 3rd was test fitting.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 pm

NYPathfinder - I like both locations...go for it! 8)

Volvite - What winch is that?

I did a 20" LED light bar and LED "converted" driving lights on mine.
Works really well at night!

Here are 3 pics I posted at the end on HydroPonix's thread of the LED bar mounted to the roof rack just using aluminum brackets.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Here's a quick pic with the lights on:

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks for the reply. I already have them mounted behind the grill and use them everyday. Wasn't sure how 2 more would look down in the bumper or whether to go with an light bar down there. I'll have to check out the links more when I'm not on my phone

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Touchdown wrote:NYPathfinder - I like both locations...go for it! 8)

Volvite - What winch is that?

I did a 20" LED light bar and LED "converted" driving lights on mine.
Works really well at night!

Here are 3 pics I posted at the end on HydroPonix's thread of the LED bar mounted to the roof rack just using aluminum brackets.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Here's a quick pic with the lights on:
It's a Warn 8000

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:12 am

Touchdown and Volvite have some mirror shine on their pathy's! Makes mine look i took sandpaper to the finish lol :oops:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:10 pm

HydroPonix wrote:Touchdown and Volvite have some mirror shine on their pathy's! Makes mine look i took sandpaper to the finish lol :oops:
Thanks but it does not look like that now. This winter weather has some nasty crud caked on both the inside and outside.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:25 am

HydroPonix wrote:
Touchdown and Volvite have some mirror shine on their pathy's! Makes mine look i took sandpaper to the finish lol Embarassed
Hehe...thanks, but must be just the angle it was taken! Black never stays clean! :)

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Touchdown wrote:
HydroPonix wrote:
Touchdown and Volvite have some mirror shine on their pathy's! Makes mine look i took sandpaper to the finish lol Embarassed
Hehe...thanks, but must be just the angle it was taken! Black never stays clean! :)
Hey Touchdown,

How do you like the LED light bar output with the bar that far back on the top? I will be getting a light bar soon but afraid I will loose light output having it that far back. Was thing of having custom brackets made and putting it closer to the top of the windshield.. Your thoughts?

HydroPonix

Postby HydroPonix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:38 am

Jays2010,

I hate to chime in, especially since you asked TD, but mounting a beefy Led light bar even behind the suroof will not hinder the distance of the light, unless you are trying to point it at your hood. If distance is in question, you would gain 3 more ft. mounting it in your grill or bumper; but 3 ft is nothing when you can see over 300 to 400 ft. With that upgrade. I would think that the glare in the cab from it being right over the windshield would make it harder to see anything at all lol.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 pm

HydroPonix wrote:Jays2010,

I hate to chime in, especially since you asked TD, but mounting a beefy Led light bar even behind the suroof will not hinder the distance of the light, unless you are trying to point it at your hood. If distance is in question, you would gain 3 more ft. mounting it in your grill or bumper; but 3 ft is nothing when you can see over 300 to 400 ft. With that upgrade. I would think that the glare in the cab from it being right over the windshield would make it harder to see anything at all lol.
Good point hydro, hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”