Fuel Filter Replacement?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Kurt

Fuel Filter Replacement?

Postby Kurt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

I called the Nissan dealer locally and asked how much it costs to replace the fuel filter on a 2004 Pathfinder. They told me that the 2004 does not have a fuel filter to be changed but that it is located inside of the fuel tank and cannot be changed. This did not sound right to me as I have seen many instructions about changing these on Pathfinders.

Can anyone advise please?!

fleurys

Re: Fuel Filter Replacement?

Postby fleurys » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

Kurt wrote:I called the Nissan dealer locally and asked how much it costs to replace the fuel filter on a 2004 Pathfinder. They told me that the 2004 does not have a fuel filter to be changed but that it is located inside of the fuel tank and cannot be changed. This did not sound right to me as I have seen many instructions about changing these on Pathfinders.

Can anyone advise please?!
Unless the 2004 are different than the 01-03, there should be a fule filter that you can replace . It's location is (if you look from the back), upward of the rear diff. There is even a maintenance procedure in the fsm for it... (for a 2002)!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”