I know absolutely nothing about suspensions...

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

dared3vil00

I know absolutely nothing about suspensions...

Postby dared3vil00 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm

... and i have been noticing slight squeaking over bumps/bumpy roads, and it's definetly coming from the suspension. Also, today i had to swerve to avoid some old lady who decided she needed my lane more than i did- and there was a definite grinding noise coming from the front drivers side. WHat does it sound like I need to replace?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 15, 2012 7:55 pm

You may want to contact your Nissan dealer and see if there are any open campaigns for your vehicle; I know there was some recall on control arms. You'll need to check...or have someone else check...the front end of the vehicle for problems.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Wed May 16, 2012 4:56 am

The slight squeaking could be from bad swaybar bushings. Not sure about the grinding noise, but definitely have that checked out. Could be a wheel bearing going bad and the weight of the vehicle shifting when you swerved could have made the noise noticeable.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 am

Yeah. Looks like its time for an expensive mechans trip. And I think you're right, because the grinding only happened when the weight of the vehicle changed suddenly. Now is this something that could just break? Just because ive made similar maneuves before with no noise at all.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”