Cooled Seats ???

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Bcraven22

Cooled Seats ???

Postby Bcraven22 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:26 am

Has anyone tried installing a seat cooling kit? I found some online that cool the seats via 4 small fans you cut into the foam. Was curious how hard it was to do and if anyone has done if they actually work. My other question is would you have to have perferated (sp) leather seats or do you think solid leather would be ok? I just don't see how the air from the fans would get through without the little holes.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Cooled Seats ???

Postby NVSteve » Thu May 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Bcraven22 wrote:Has anyone tried installing a seat cooling kit? I found some online that cool the seats via 4 small fans you cut into the foam. Was curious how hard it was to do and if anyone has done if they actually work. My other question is would you have to have perferated (sp) leather seats or do you think solid leather would be ok? I just don't see how the air from the fans would get through without the little holes.
A butt cooler? Interesting, never heard of that one. I remember a product back in the 80's that I wish I could find now. It was a can that you sprayed in the car & it instantly froze the interior (not really, but close). I'm sure it was really nasty for the environment, but it was a very useful product.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:02 pm

yeah we installed a couple on a friends xterra. well not actually installed, more of laid on the seats.

they're about 3/4 in thickness and got fans that turn on with a switch. partially useful but uncomfortable.

Bcraven22

Postby Bcraven22 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.championseatheaters.com/content/home.html

Yea check out this site. These look like they would work, I like the concept but again I think you would have to have the preforated seats for them to cool on a timely manner.... Thoughts????

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”