1995 Nissan Pathfinder Amplifier question...

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

The_Force

1995 Nissan Pathfinder Amplifier question...

Postby The_Force » Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Can anyone tell me if a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE came with an amplifier?

If the answer is yes, where is it located/how can I tell if I have one?

I just got a new stereo put in and I would like to get an amp/upgrade it, if it has one already.

I googled and it says certain 1995 pathfinders came with an amp, but I couldn't find any images as to where it would be located. I don't want to tear up my pathfinder only to find it doesn't have one :?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 24, 2012 12:37 am

If you have an SE, you likely have a 6 or 8 speaker system. There are two amps: one for the front speakers and one for the rear speakers. They are located behind the interior panel on the passenger side at the rear of the vehicle. If you were to remove the panel, the rear speaker amp is located just above the wheel well. Just ahead of it is the A/T control unit. Just behind it (almost behind the right, rear tail lamp assy.) is the front speaker amp.

The_Force

Postby The_Force » Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 am

smj999smj wrote:If you have an SE, you likely have a 6 or 8 speaker system. There are two amps: one for the front speakers and one for the rear speakers. They are located behind the interior panel on the passenger side at the rear of the vehicle. If you were to remove the panel, the rear speaker amp is located just above the wheel well. Just ahead of it is the A/T control unit. Just behind it (almost behind the right, rear tail lamp assy.) is the front speaker amp.
That helps a bit, just need some images if possible, to put it all together.

The_Force

Postby The_Force » Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

I am trying to decide if I am better off replacing both amps with one 2 channel amp for the front and back speakers.

Has anyone done this before and not had a problem?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 29, 2012 11:33 pm

If the JVC KD-X50BT deck is what you installed, I, personally, would leave the factory amps and just upgrade the speakers. If you were installing a top shelf, several thousand dollar sound system, upgrading the amps would be recommended. The JVC KD-X50BT is a solid deck under $200 and should be a nice upgrade over the stock 95 Pathy unit. If you leave the amps and get a descent set of speakers to replace the stock units, you'll probably be very happy with the performance. I would check out Crutchfield.com to find some that will be an easy fit in the stock locations and you'll have a clean looking install that will fit behind the factory grills. Sometimes you can find some good bargains in the "scratch and dent" listings, which are all tested and come with the same warranty; if they are going behind the factory grilles, no one is going to see them anyway!

The_Force

Postby The_Force » Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 am

smj999smj wrote:The JVC KD-X50BT is a solid deck under $200 and should be a nice upgrade over the stock 95 Pathy unit.
Without a doubt, I really love that deck and it sounds a lot better than the stock unit.
smj999smj wrote:I would check out Crutchfield.com to find some that will be an easy fit in the stock locations and you'll have a clean looking install that will fit behind the factory grills. Sometimes you can find some good bargains in the "scratch and dent" listings, which are all tested and come with the same warranty; if they are going behind the factory grilles, no one is going to see them anyway!
I'd rather buy speakers from a local store and have them install it, as I am not that good with vehicle repair or replacing/installing things.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:19 pm

You could do that. One thing about Crutchfield is that they give you detailed installation instrutctions, adapter harnesses and brackets when required and free, lifetime tech support in case you run into any problems with your purchase. Hardest part is removing the door panels and that's not too bad!

The_Force

Postby The_Force » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:43 pm

On another note, any recommendations on what speakers I should look at to replace the stock ones?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:24 am

Go to Crutchfield.com and use their vehicle specific lookup. Even if you don't buy from them, it'll show you what fits in each location, lets you compare componants, read customer reviews, and will tell you if any adapter brackets are required.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”