Pathfinder 2,5 dCI 126kW starts failure

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

smarty

Pathfinder 2,5 dCI 126kW starts failure

Postby smarty » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:18 am

Hello,

I have Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 dCI 126kW 2007 LE. When I drove yesterday on highway the power went off. Soo when I press pedal of gas it didn't get higher RPM. Soo speed was slowly went down and I needed to stop. Then I parked car and turned off. Then I tried to start. It started but only for 2-3 secs and then it turned off. Soo car starts but it turns off in some secs. If I try to press pedal of gas nothing happened.

I looked air filter and it is OK. Fuel filter was replaced new 10.000km ago. I turned off battery to "reset" computer but it is the same.
What should be wrong?

Best regards,
Martin

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 am

Hi there,

Most of the people on this forum don't have diesel engines, as they are not available in North America. (Though we wish it was!)

I would guess that you probably have an OBD code (check engine light). If so, you should have the code read, and that will shed some light on what you need to fix.

It sounds like your engine is being de-rated, which happens when there is a fault in the regeneration system (DPF). Reseting the battery might help, but I doubt it. You probably need to perform a forced regen, and I have no idea if you can do that yourself, or if it needs to happen at the dealer.

t

smarty

Postby smarty » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:22 am

We are checking now if I have diesel pump?
If I have diesel pump maybe this is a problem that I have too low pressure?

We tried on simple tester but don't see any problems.

Where can I check if I have diesel pump?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”